HitmanHoyle

Dec 1, 2020
Hi All,

Received the RG351P and seems a nice kit (apart from i cant work out how to switch between games without pressing reset button but that's not the issue here)

Anyway, when i connected the SD card (that came with it) to PC, via windows explorer, i can see two partitions where 1 says games and can add games by dropping in. However, i then copied the image onto larger card and can no longer see the games partition in explorer? This means i cant remove or load games? Any help would be appreciated massively

Cheers all

BenDroiX

Staff member
Jun 19, 2019
Could you try examining the card using some kind of partition management software?
In the office we use Mini Tool Partition Wizard ( https://www.partitionwizard.com/), there's a free variant you can download.

I can think of two possibilities here:

1) The games partition hasn't been assigned a drive letter. So while Windows "knows" there's something there, file explorer doesn't know where the front door is.
In this case just assign a drive letter using whatever partition management software of your choice.
or
2) The partition is in an file system type that Windows doesn't like (ext4, etc.). Although iirc the games partition is FAT32 by default, which shouldn't cause issues. Plus I don't even think the R351P would detect a non-FAT32 games partition?

Also regarding your last question about switching games, most systems on the device use RetroArch, so the default way of doing things is pressing L3+R3 (press both sticks) and then navigating through the RetroArch menus to quit.
Other titles might use the classic start+select, or even something else. It varies.

HitmanHoyle

Dec 1, 2020
Thank you very much sir for the response. I will go through tonight but i wanted to say thank you for taking the time

HitmanHoyle

Dec 1, 2020
Before i do that - I found this strange too - the SD card that came with had the normal two folders in windows explorer with one saying "games". After copying the image, when i went to look at the original SD card it had also changed and only had one folder and no games folder. All games were on SD card when i loaded but i didnt write or anything to the original card.

Anyway i will try your tips and thanks again

BenDroiX

Staff member
Jun 19, 2019
How exactly did you copy the image?
The easiest way is to use Win32 Disk Imager.
There should be 3 partitions on the card. One called EMUELEC (FAT16) which contains various OS related things. STORAGE (EXT4) which contains various confguration/layout settings for EmulationStation/RetroArch, and GAMES (FAT32) which contains... the games.