Clak

Nov 30, 2015
Recently I have noticed that the Genesis Kodi addon does not have the latest films on my personal DroidBOX, but has all new ones on a DroidBOX that I set up for a friend. One particular example is animation film, Inside Out (2015) which only shows up on the new DroidBOX (running same version of Genesis from backup). One is T8 and one is T8-S and both are running Kodi 14.2, with the same build which is my own.

Regards,
CLAK

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Genesis does real time scanning of sources so there are likely to be differences due to availability. One thing is for sure and that is it is nothing to do with the box genesis is running on.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Plus i should add, genesis is no longer being maintained so lists will start missing items. Use alternatives like salts, 1channel, the royal we, alluc, phoenix and icefilms.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Have you tried Genesis Lazarus, you will need to add kodiland repo, not sure if it's in the superrepo yet.
Also did you install Genesis from Lambda or superrepo or even the add-on installer.
Lambda is the place to add it from....but try Lazarus it just as good
If you need the link for kodiland let me know..

Dave

Reactions: Sal

Clak

Nov 30, 2015
Cheers. I will try Genesis Lazarus as soon as I finish copying old Sky planner programmes onto DVD. I just found it strange as certain films are missing on one of two DroidBOXes that are set up exactly the same with the same Genesis version (originally from lambda repo, restored with TR community builds to new DroidBOX).

Regards,
Jim

Reactions: David Savage

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Final bit of advice, try not to rely on any "Latest" or "Most Popular" type lists. If you know the name of the films you want, use the search function, I've found it more reliable over the years with some add-ons.

EricB

Mar 12, 2015
Have you tried Genesis Lazarus, you will need to add kodiland repo, not sure if it's in the superrepo yet.
Also did you install Genesis from Lambda or superrepo or even the add-on installer.
Lambda is the place to add it from....but try Lazarus it just as good
If you need the link for kodiland let me know..

Dave

As Genesis is apparently no longer maintained (is it, or is this a false rumour ?), is Lazarus an addon which updates regularly their lists ? I have version 4.8.5, I could be wrong, but I think it has this version since a very long time.

Reactions: David Savage

mark1

Nov 14, 2014
I believe it's a bit of a false rumour..for example the new sly series Supergirl(won't watch lol)is all there and the current movie list has updated.so I'd say at the moment all is well....for now.

Chris_kn

Jun 6, 2015
Manchester
Genesis, will no longer be updated. So over time all links will fail end it will end up a dead app. Loads of there films are 'cam' versions, nothing seems to work quiet right.
Buffering in a major headache. BUT, there are lots of other good film and tv show apps around. 'SALTS' is pretty good as it uses 'Primewire/1channel' links. 'Showbox' has been
pretty good over the past few days, 'UKTurks' is always good.'Pheonix' has been improving over the past few of weeks.

Last edited: