Prab

Jul 9, 2015
Hi,
I recently did a factory reset on my imx6. Now when I try to play a HD video on genesis the video stutters and seems like it's in slow motion. Problem with the sound too.
I would really appreciate any help.
Thanks

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
What version of xbmc do you have, check by going system and then underneath system info and at the bottom right corner should have the name and number....ie 12.3 Frodo or 13.2 Gotham. If its Frodo then its now not supported on here as its now got the dependancies not met, you can go to program's and check in add-on installer to see if they have the latest version here if it has install it. I've checked and not yet but keep checking back.
If its Gotham try reinstalling the add-on, go to system then add-ons then get add-ons, then scroll down to Lambda add-on repo. Click on it then go video add-ons, scroll to Genesis and click on it and uninstall. Wait then reinstall it, this might work for you. If you go to the lambda repo and there's nothing, go back and hover over lambda and press the menu on your remote, then click force refresh. Wait and then click on it, this should refresh the repo.
Good luck and hope you under stand this.
Dave

Reactions: Sal

Prab

Jul 9, 2015
I am running 13.3.
Have uninsulated and reinstalled genesis but this hasn't helped.
Any other advice would be appreciated.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Can you check what version of Genesis you are running, go system, then add-ons, then get add-ons and scroll down to lambda again and go in and click on Genesis. It should show you the add-on information, the latest version is 4.8.3.....if you don't have this try going back and like before hover over and press menu and click check for updates. This should start spinning and update.
Does Phoenix work ok and other add-ons , if you are having load s of problems , I would clear data and re-run the wizard.

Dave

Reactions: Sal

Prab

Jul 9, 2015
Thanks. I am running the latest version. Just to clarify, I can watch SD video fine but have problems with HD streams which run slowly or stutter and video and audio is not in sync. This problem is on all video add ons not just genesis.
Sorry for the bother but how do I clear data and rerun the wizard?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Ok that's good you can run SD program's ok. Can you go to system again, this time go to Video then scroll down to Acceleration, make sure that on the right that its set to
Acceleration Method is Hardware accelerated and hightlight all underneath. Good luck and hope it works for you.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Resetting XBMC's data - http://www.droidboxforums.com/threads/resetting-xbmc-to-a-just-installed-state.27/

I would first try going to XBMC's userdata folder (reboot, then open the ES File Explorer app from the master list of all apps (My Apps, Apps or circle with six dots), expand the LOCAL menu, select HOME, click the Android folder, then Data, then one that has XBMC in it, then the FILES directory.
It will appear empty probably
Expand the TOOLS menu on the left hand side, and turn on Shown Hidden Files. You'll now see a .xbmc folder, please click it, then the userdata folder
Delete the advancedsettings.xml file you see in there.
Now open XBMC up and test HD streams in Genesis. If this hasn't helped, then send us an e-mail and please link to this thread so the staff dealing will know what has been tried already. http://www.droidboxforums.com/threads/what-to-include-if-you-need-to-e-mail-us.364/

Prab

Jul 9, 2015
Hi. I tried the above but it has not made any difference. Have sent an email as suggested. Thanks.

Prab

Jul 9, 2015
Yes. Initially when I tried to play in HD, there was no video only audio.
Hardware acceleration was already selected and based on advice on this forum I then unchecked the 4 options here.
Now I could see video and audio but encountered the problem above.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
In android setting have you set your tvs resolution to 1080 and 60hz and check audio settings too. Then go to xbmc and check in system, then system that its the same and try again.
At the side in system setting in xbmc you have setting level if you click on here and change it to expert.
I would leave Hardware acceleration on and highlight all underneath to. If this doesn't work then I've ran out of ideas so good look and hope you get this sorted soon.

Dave

Prab

Jul 9, 2015
I've gone into system settings in xbmc then system (configure system settings). Is it video output I'm looking for?
Resolution is shown as 1280x720p but I can't change this. Settings level has always been sent at expert.
Thanks

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
I've gone into system settings in xbmc then system (configure system settings). Is it video output I'm looking for?
Resolution is shown as 1280x720p but I can't change this. Settings level has always been sent at expert.
Thanks
Instead of changing resolution in Kodi(XBMC),try to change resolution of your device!!!

Prab

Jul 9, 2015
As suggested by dave above, I have changed the android resolution from 1080i,50mhz to 1080i, 60mhz.
Hasn't helped.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Out if xbmc does show box work ok.
You could try and use another player, in apps I think there the MX player see if that works. If not the only thing a can say is wait for SilentlyScreaming. He's back on Tuesday I think. The rest if the droidbox team are about and they might have some other things for you to try.

Good luck