pibitvillage

Jul 16, 2014
Ukraine
I was hating the fact that the on screen keyboard kept popping up and confusing every thing as well as using half the screen, did a search and found that there is a null keyboard method.
Install the null keyboard via google play (there are 2 in there only one works)
The one that does work on the X7 is the one with a keyboard logo thats got a red x through it not the blue keys with NULL. Install and then click method. Even I can do that :cool:
The other just puts a black box where the keyboard should be.
HAPPY LITTLE TEDDY BEAR

pibitvillage

Jul 16, 2014
Ukraine
Thats the one, well its says its installed anyway, but how it knows is anyones guess as I am on the galaxy reading this thread lol not the x7

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
The "Installed" status is tied to any of the Android devices assigned to your GMail/Google account login. If you click the installed button, you'd be given the choice to install it to a different device that doesn't yet have it. Thanks for the confirmation.

Reactions: pibitvillage

RTCarr

Jan 22, 2015
Pibitvillage, the whole idea of how the box works, some of the acronyms used in the forum, it's the first time I'm really involve in forums. I Can get my head around it all just new at it! The help Is much appreciated!

pibitvillage

Jul 16, 2014
Ukraine
I know what you mean but thisbforum is very helpful with regards to assisting, its the only forum I keep returning to. Most of the others say.....google it, well perhaps we have tried google ing but how to word it is the question, do you google what words to use lol :cool:
And Silently always answers anyway if boss men seem to be away. :cool:

RTCarr

Jan 22, 2015
Or maybe not! God knows what's happened now! I have no wizard to use so stuck! No order numbers or anything as my brother bought this for a present for me, now what? lol

RTCarr

Jan 22, 2015
Ok well I got te remote working, kind of. Thanks!

I'm so tierd and my head is full of things I don't understand so I'll try be brief of what I've done :/

M8 android box (I think)

Full box reset, the one where you push the reset inside the aux port.

Installed kido update ( not sure if done correctly no new skin?)

Logged into Google play store

Added fusion source ( couldn't get wizard set up without this)

Ran set up of the config wizard, which worked this time.

Now I have on the xbmc home screen as
TVAddons custom tv mc edition

This all sound good or have I went wrong anywhere?

Reactions: oyster61

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Kodi (the Helix build of what was called XBMC) isn't fully compatible with our DroidBOX Wizard yet, nor all Video add-ons.
That said, if you have Kodi/Helix installed, and your preferred add-ons, there is no reason not to continue as you are.
Regarding not having order numbers etc, e-mail us ( [email protected] ) with the info you do have (his address including postcode, the approx purchase date, the model etc) and we'll be able to confirm him as a customer. We can then send you the info needed to manually install our DroidBOX Wizard add-on into Frodo or Gotham builds of XBMC. You can use the Gotham version of our Wizard in the Helix build of Kodi, but you'll find not everything yet works properly.

Let us know what you're missing, what you've tried to regain it, and what happened/went wrong, and we'll hopefully help you to get it sorted.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
The on screen keyboard is more than just a GUI element to look pretty, it actually handles the input of characters as well, so the best you could get is redesigning the keyboard files in a skin and creating a custom one.