Imran Ghafoor

Dec 4, 2020
Hi

I have had the x3 for a while now but am having issues with Google assistant. If I use the voice button on the remote and say a command, it will bring up web results for that rather than follow the command.

For example, if I say "youtube", it will perform a search for youtube rather than open youtube.

I think the voice button only operates Google search rather than Google assistant. If I open assistant app and say a command then it works as it should.

Is there a way to make the voice button on the remote use assistant rather than voice search.

Thanks

VikramDroix

Staff member
Jun 25, 2020
Hi

I have had the x3 for a while now but am having issues with Google assistant. If I use the voice button on the remote and say a command, it will bring up web results for that rather than follow the command.

For example, if I say "youtube", it will perform a search for youtube rather than open youtube.

I think the voice button only operates Google search rather than Google assistant. If I open assistant app and say a command then it works as it should.

Is there a way to make the voice button on the remote use assistant rather than voice search.

Thanks
Please check the settings in the Google Assistance app as if you have the option to select supported apps for Voice control on it and this should allow google assistance to operate through selected apps for Voice command.