1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Google Cast

Discussion in 'T8 Mini' started by Sansiro2, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Sansiro2

Sansiro2 New Member

Hi guys - anyone got Google Cast working on the T8 Mini? I tried to screen cast from 2 different phones (they are on the compatible list in Google) and although both showed the T8 mini in the list of devices and said 'ready to cast', when I press the cast to screen button only my Nvidia Shield comes up as a device - is there an issue with Google apps and the T8 Mini?

2. Nigelar

Nigelar Well-Known Member

Have you tried droidbox share? Download the client from google play/apple store. Click on share server app on droidbox to enable link.

3. Sansiro2

Sansiro2 New Member

Hi Nigelar - Droidbox share works fine but has anyone managed to get Google Cast to work?

4. ChrisM

ChrisM Administrator Staff Member

Can you let us know the devices you're attempting to cast from, and we'll see if any staff have the same hardware to test with the T8 Mini.

5. Sansiro2

Sansiro2 New Member

Hi Chris, thanks for picking this up. I am trying to cast from Google Home via a Sony Xperia Z2 and a HTC One M9. The T8 mini shows up on the list of devices. However when I try to cast to screen only my Shield appears.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using DroidBOX Forums mobile app

6. ChrisM

ChrisM Administrator Staff Member

Thanks, can you try casting with the YouTube applications on your Sony and HTC please, let's see if that works.

7. Sansiro2

Sansiro2 New Member

Funnily enough, it just started working. So all sorted. Thanks Chris. Also everything seems fine after the update too.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using DroidBOX Forums mobile app

ChrisM likes this.