DroidBox User

Apr 20, 2018
With the app Google Handwriting Input I am unable to write. I have tried with a Mouse and a TrackPad, but plugged into the USB socket. When pressing down on a button to simulate pen on paper, nothing appears.

I believe it may be related to touch input. This device does not have a touch screen, but the handwriting input app prefers one. But it should be able to process mouse drag strokes as touch input.

?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I would suggest you contact the app developers and ask them if it supposed to be compatible with android boxes. I suspect not.
I doubt anyone here uses it or even has a desire to.
We mostly use our boxes to watch films or sport and listen to music

DroidBox User

Apr 20, 2018
I would suggest you contact the app developers and ask them if it supposed to be compatible with android boxes. I suspect not.
I doubt anyone here uses it or even has a desire to.
We mostly use our boxes to watch films or sport and listen to music

But you do use the Onscreen keyboard or a keyboard?, I have also uses these. The Handwriting app replaces the Change keyboard button on the default Onscreen kehyboard, so that it is launched when it is pressed. And then you can type by writing letter by letter, rathern then finding the correct letter keys to press, and after trying it can seem faster and comfortable to use this method (with a mouse) than typing hardware or on screen keys. (I recommend everyone with a mouse tries it)

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I use the on screen keyboard and the keypad on my air mouse for the extremely limited amount of typing I do (limited to searches on various apps).
No problems with that.