Stoner

Feb 15, 2018
l recently obtained a new Android Box which l was quite happy with until apps stopped updating leaving me to manually locate apk files from other sources.

this box has 8.1 android on it and lve gone through all the settings allowing unknown sources etc and lve visited the settings in google play that tell me it will be updated (which was two days ago but still hasnt happened) lve also tried manually updating but about all that happens is it gets to 90% installation then informs me "app not installed" or something to that effect.. leaving me to having to source every update in apk form as all apps just stick on download pending status otherwise.

any help would be appreciated (l do admit this is my first 8.1 device but given the settings lm pretty sure lve set all the ones that should allow things to update).

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Belt and braces approach. Try deleting both data and cache on Google play and Google play services.
This sometimes works. You may have to re-enter Google account details.

Stoner

Feb 15, 2018
as of yet l dont think its updated, though it did take a bit longer to load up first time. but lm still finding it strange l cannot even manually update it with an apk file.

Stoner

Feb 15, 2018
nope, wont install, gets to about 90% then shows a message stating "app not installed", the current version installed is 12.*.* and lve visited the settings quite a few times and it informs me a new version will be downloaded but its been quite a few days now with no change and leaving me puzzled as to why lm unable to install manually.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Remind us which particular Droidbox machine you have. Maybe a factory reset would help fix the problem.

Stoner

Feb 15, 2018
actually its not a Droidbox, main reason l came here is the members have been very helpful in the past and other sites lve used to ask questions never get any replies (the last question l asked maybe several months ago l got very helpful replies here, but to this day the other few sites still didnt get any replies).

only thing lve not tried is a factory reset which would be a pain given how long it took me to setup to how l wanted it. the last thing l tried was removing my google account and logging back in again, l just cant understand why updates to play store itself dont seem to work manually either.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Not a problem. Asked for model in case there were reports here of similar issues with that model.
I would suggest a reset though. See if you can do a back up of your configuration first so a restore is a little easier.
It does seem that some part of the play store infrastructure on your box is corrupted so maybe a reset will fix it.
One other thing I've seen affect play store behaviour is an incorrect system date/time. So you could check that and correct if necessary.
As a last gasp, does your box provider have a forum/support team who could help you further?