Ray Donoghue

Dec 17, 2015
Hi Guys,

Received my new T8-S dual boot box today, unfortunately Google Play Services will not load (comes up with "Unfortunately Google Play Services has stopped) as such I cannot my Google Account Details or access the Play Store. Having researched the issue with lots of advice on how to overcome this widely known issue, all my attempts to resolve the issue have been in vain. I'm a builder of android tv boxes so I know my way around the system having multiple droidbox systems, minix, plus other boxes all working to spec. I've emailed support and will await their response, but reason for posting in the forum is to ask if anyone else who has recently received their new T8-S box is having a similar problem. I've cleared data/cache on both Google Play Services and Google Play as most posts about this issue recommend this action. I've also done a factory restore without success so I suspect I may have a duff box/system which I may have to send back for a replacement but not at that stage just yet! Any help or advice appreciated thanks. Ray

Qaisir

Nov 10, 2015
Hello Ray,

You need to run OTA updater, from Home Screen go into Apps(Circle with six dots) then open OTA updater and update your device.
Once the update is done it will reboot your system and will take you to Home Screen then wait for some time(15 mins) and let the Apps update.
After that run the PlayStore and it should work.

Hope it helps you out.

Ray Donoghue

Dec 17, 2015
I did try running OTA Updates no updates available and when trying to do a manual update comes up wit Error fetching update info: This ROM has not had any released versions yet!

Qaisir

Nov 10, 2015
I was facing the same issue on my T8-S, i was not able to sign in into PlayStore then what i did is that i cleared data on both Google PlayStore and Google Play services and also uninstalled updates and it worked for me.
From Home Screen goto settings>other>more settings>Apps.
After clicking on Apps you can find Google PlayStore, open Google PlayStore then click on force stop, clear data and uninstall updates and see if that works for you.

Ray Donoghue

Dec 17, 2015
Please read my opening comments on this issue. I've done and tried clearing data and cache on both PlayStore and Services. Since this is a brand new box received today I have not been able to doing any updates for either play store or services. I have an i68 tv box the same spec as this T8-S running the same version of Android 5.1.1 which both boxes have the same version of Google Play Services 8.4.89 (2428711-234) which is working on the i68 but not on the T8-S

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Can I double check it is definitely a T8-S , not a T8-S Plus?

If it is the T8-S Plus, there will be an OTA update, should be this evening, that will sort the Play Store issues out.
If it is a T8-S, can you e-mail us please - [email protected] - with your order ID and we'll get to the bottom of this.

iwanboyo

Dec 19, 2015
If it is the T8-S Plus, there will be an OTA update, should be this evening, that will sort the Play Store issues out. - mine is a T8-S plus and I have the same issue with the error message - any ideas please?

Mark Stradling

Dec 2, 2015
I am now having this issue too. Upgraded to 1.0.3, but the situation was not resolved. How do we get this working again?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Can you provide a little more info? Confirm Droidbox model. Has the error only just appeared? Have you made any updates to the box? Does it have the latest firmware installed?
Can you also check and confirm the time/date displayed on the box?

Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
I have had this issue in the past.

It turned out that the pre installation of Google Play was an old version. I used Aptoide to update to the latest play services then everything worked fine.

With Aptoide you don't need an account to sign into. This can be downloaded from the DroidBOX app store or:

http://m.aptoide.com/

Worth a try.

Sent From Experia X Mobile Phone

Reactions: ChrisM

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Same problems as above on new T8 Mini WILL not run playstore or Google play services !!
This problem has been solved with the newest update.Please make sure to run OTA updater app in order to update your box.

Regards

Deezel

Nov 4, 2016
North east
Thanks, I sorted it out by downloading play services on my computer and putting the file on a usb stick and then installing it on the box ,so that sorted that problem out
Got the update last night