chris kellett

Dec 28, 2016
Can anyone help with a little problem i have on this box regarding the system pay store app.ver 7,3 works fine the trouble starts when it is self updating to 7.5 when this is done i have to uninstall updates to get play store to work .Is ther any way of stopping this self update bit if a pain having to wipe the update off every time i need to use the store app

chris kellett

Dec 28, 2016
Thanks for the reply.First thing i did was the update four weeks ago when purchased.Its been ok up to this week .This new version store app maybe just put out for download.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
What actually happens when you click on the new version of play store? Do you get any error messages? Does the box hang?
You could try clearing data in android settings - apps - Google play (you may have to enter Google account details again). And uninstall updates again.

chris kellett

Dec 28, 2016
I've done all what you suggest.Also factory reset.The message that comes up is app incompatable go to settings and uninstall updates.Which i do and it works ok till update installs again itsself again.

Reactions: Nigelar

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hi Chris
This type of error has been reported before on the imxqpro

https://droidboxforums.com/threads/play-store-not-compatible-with-device.8223/#post-31373

The firmware update i referred to was supposed to have fixed it.

Assuming you have double checked and there is nothing waiting out there in the ota update app, i suggest you contact droidbox direct.

Either the error has reappeared with a newer version of google play or it is a different issue.
At any rate keep us posted with the end result.

chris kellett

Dec 28, 2016
Ok Nigelar will do.
The problem seems to be a new one with this new version update.
My thinking is these issues dont get reported much if Kodi is ok then everything is fine for most people.

chris kellett

Dec 28, 2016
Problem seems to have been what i thought.New update out on the 1st March for all android devices instead of just for android tv devices seems to have sorted things out .
While messing about with this box i found another little bug with it regarding the use of bluetooth and usb remote keyboards.Both seem to have the the inability to recognize the enter key but then both work ok when using through kodi.I'm having to keep the onscreen keyboard functional so as to operate enter key. Customer services been informed but i haven't had a reply as yet.

Simon4444

Mar 3, 2017
Hi I am having the same problem. Tried installing many different versions of the play store but cannot get passed the account sign in. It either times out or returns an error message.

Chris,

Please can you explain which version of the store you are using? not fully understanding the 'all devices' / 'android for tv' comments.

Thnaks

Si

chris kellett

Dec 28, 2016
This is the version i'm using now with no problems at all.Download from apkmirror.com 7.6.07(0)
The (0) indicates its for all devices.Versions with the number (8) are for android tv devices which in my case dont work and caused all the bother.
Clear your data in both google playstore and google play services prior to install and you should ok.After install update your google services app as well

Simon4444

Mar 3, 2017
This is the version i'm using now with no problems at all.Download from apkmirror.com 7.6.07(0)
The (0) indicates its for all devices.Versions with the number (8) are for android tv devices which in my case dont work and caused all the bother.
Clear your data in both google playstore and google play services prior to install and you should ok.After install update your google services app as well

Thanks Chris, unfortunately that is not working for me either. I get to the log in page, which then either times out or gives me an error message. This is the same whichever version of the play store i use and clearing all data.

Fixed now. I had also installed a wrong version of the services software. Now that has been corrected everything appears to be working.

Thanks for the help

Si

Last edited:
Reactions: ChrisM