rjb100

Sep 21, 2016
hi all,

i was downloading the latest version of kodi when i became unstuck.

when i hit the 'open in playstore button' a message appeared .......' go to settings ...apps....playstore and uninstall updates'
i did this but could not see 'uninstall updates' included in the following:

open.......disable.........force stop.........clear data.......clear cache........clear defaults........notifications....permissions

i tried:
1. force stop
2. clear data
3. clear cache
still not working
any advice please
thanks
rj

dick b

Jan 24, 2017
hi all,

when i hit the 'open in playstore button' a message appeared .......' go to settings ...apps....playstore and uninstall updates'

open.......disable.........force stop.........clear data.......clear cache........clear defaults........notifications....permissions

i tried:
1. force stop
2. clear data
3. clear cache
still not working
any advice please
thanks
rj
Can you open your browser if so go to https://kodi.tv/download scroll down and click on the android man then on the "release"line click on "ARMV7A(32bit)" wait for it to download to the appinstaller and install V17.4 krypton from there,follow the prompts.I could never get on with the play store.and the direct download works a treat.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
hi all,

i tried:
1. force stop
2. clear data
3. clear cache
still not working
any advice please
thanks
rj
Hi

Can you tell us which box model do you have?

Regards

rjb100

Sep 21, 2016
thanks to you both for replying.

dick b..............i will try your method

8bitdev............mxq pro

rj

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
thanks to you both for replying.

dick b..............i will try your method

8bitdev............mxq pro

rj
Hi

Can you tell us if you tried to factory reset your device and see if that will fix the issue?

Regards

rjb100

Sep 21, 2016
dick b
i followed your instruction and it took me to the stage where i came stuck previously [ uninstall play store updates message ]

8bitdev
i have not tried a factory reset as i am concerned that i will lose my important apps.
if i could find the 'uninstall playstore updates' location it would be ok.........this is what the message is asking me to do in order to be able to open the kodi installation.

rj

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, To uninstall updates from the play store try getting to your apps this way > settings > more settings > apps > play store > then you should be able to uninstall updates.

rjb100

Sep 21, 2016
thanks to you all here for helping.

i found 'more settings' earlier today before i came back online.

uninstalled the updates and downloaded the latest kodi with the method used by dick b and it worked fine.

rj

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
thanks to you all here for helping.

i found 'more settings' earlier today before i came back online.

uninstalled the updates and downloaded the latest kodi with the method used by dick b and it worked fine.

rj
Hi

Usually downloading apps from google play store takes a few minutes.If reference was made for Kodi add ons,take a note that you can create a backup which you can load on device later.In that case you are safe to perform the factory reset and keep the configuration files for later use.

Regards

Alexis

Mar 4, 2021
Hi, I tried to download some app from Google play store on my x96 max and all the time have 192 or 403 errors. I did (open, disable force stop, clear data, clear cache, clear defaults, notifications, permissions, reboot. Still nothing. Please help me!