picpic

Oct 15, 2014
I have tried all the possible solutions posted on here to eliminate the green screen on ITV player both in the app and XBMC to no avail, are there any other possible solutions to the problem? Thanks

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
A few possible solutions:
Make sure you have told the app in settings you are uk based (assuming you are).
Also make sure your version of the app is up to date.
Has this only just happened? I find itv player is incompatible with the older firmware on a t8 and cannot download. Have to use the Scottish tv player (stv player) which is.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
I have tried all the possible solutions posted on here to eliminate the green screen on ITV player both in the app and XBMC to no avail, are there any other possible solutions to the problem? Thanks
Hi

Can you please make sure that your screen resolution is set to 1080p

Regards

picpic

Oct 15, 2014
Hi ,have tried all that, I am on a VPN and BBC player works perfect,the start screen opens on ITV player perfectly but when a program is selected the sound is OK, just the screen is blank green

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
What happens when you view with the vpn switched off?

Have you also tried an uninstall/reinstall of the app?

Tried the STV version (ensure you entet a scottish postcode when setting up)?

Last edited:

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@picpic Can you look on the bottom of your X7 and let me know what the label shows? I'll find a model matching yours and carry out some testing. If you could let me know the month you purchased it I'll work out which firmware is in place.

picpic

Oct 15, 2014
Hi SS,
The numbers on the unit are

Model B351B_BT

S/N:B351B140800228
Unfortunatly I cannot remember the exact month of purchase but it was in 2014 and there was a problem with XBMC having the wrong software installed which was corrected.If the VPN is off it just says error.
Thanks

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
OK, I've got 4 different X7s, but none match up.
@Dave C can you check if we have any in the office please? If the ITV Android Player app works OK on that one, maybe we can compare configurations or firmware version.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
itv player has been replaced by itv hub, The app is not approved for android boxes, Plus the new version does not operate full screen on my t8. Download Scottish TV player (stv) from Google play store. Register it with a valid Scottish postcode. Let us know how you get on.

picpic

Oct 15, 2014
I have installed stv again and lo and behold it has worked so am now up and running with ITV player. Thanks for all your efforts

Reactions: ChrisM