susan barton

Nov 9, 2014
Lincoln
When I log in to net flix I can hear what I want to watch but the screen is green. It does the same when I try ITV player.

geodesic

Oct 13, 2014
Having the same problem Since I got the Droidbox, Have Deleted netflix and used older versions and back to the latest version, No success.
The droidbox I received was one with the wrong version of xbmc installed at the factory, which is now fixed with the new corrected version of xbmc,
but Netflix green screen on streaming(audio ok) is driving me mad!!!

susan barton

Nov 9, 2014
Lincoln
I have tried the advice given but screen is still green and can only hear volume. I have noticed that when I click on the red bar below that moves the movie back or forward then a mini box appears with the movie in view?? Please can someone help as it is one of the main reasons i bought the box to access my netflix

susan barton

Nov 9, 2014
Lincoln
Having the same problem Since I got the Droidbox, Have Deleted netflix and used older versions and back to the latest version, No success.
The droidbox I received was one with the wrong version of xbmc installed at the factory, which is now fixed with the new corrected version of xbmc,
but Netflix green screen on streaming(audio ok) is driving me mad!!!
Have you had any joy fixing your green screen ?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Susan/geodesic, I've not got a NetFlix account to test with, sorry. They've never been very helpful when contacted directly.
In terms of ITV player, is it the XBMC add-on, or the Android application?
If it is the application, can you make contact via our live chat system (bottom right corner of http://DroidBOX.co.uk ) please? If we can find a time when I'm online and you can be near your devices, we may be able to try a couple of things to see if it makes a difference to the two apps. I'm around 2am-2pm Monday to Friday, though occasionally out dropping off/picking up kids etc.
If it is the ITV XBMC add-on you're referring to, I'm stuck, as I'd expect all add-ons to suffer similarly.

allanon

Dec 3, 2014
I had the same problem ...factory reset the box...let it sit for 20 min while loading up . reloaded the wizard

Logged into Netflix and voilla...video was back

Don't know what was wrong .but it worked for me

Reactions: ChrisM

susan barton

Nov 9, 2014
Lincoln
I have tried everything I even got a friend to follow the instructions and set the box back to factory settings but nothing has worked. I have just ordered another box the same for a friend of mine so I hope they don't have trouble with their box. Is there anything I can do about this or do I just have to put up with the fact I can't use my box to its full usage

allanon

Dec 3, 2014
Was the box ...factory reset ..or just put back to factory defaults... There is a difference?

susan barton

Nov 9, 2014
Lincoln
I'm not sure to be honest as I got a friend to do it incase I messed it up, I will ask him. What should be done, factory reset or factory defaults?

allanon

Dec 3, 2014
I personally factory reset my box... Reloaded everything,,, and have never had the green screen again, did not really ever find out what was causing it ..just happened one day...I have 3 other boxes and have not seen it on the others.....good luck

susan barton

Nov 9, 2014
Lincoln
Thank you, is it easy enough to factory reset I am petrified of loosing what is on it such as the films and all the sports channels, will they all still stay on. Sorry you can tell I am not too good at these things ....

allanon

Dec 3, 2014
Which box do you have, and what is the build#

U can find this in settings..under tablet

Cherry7676

Dec 12, 2015
Sorry to bump such an old thread but did you ever fix the problem? i have exactly the same issue since the day i bought the X7 and its driving me mad! Ive updated netflix app, as far as im aware the droidbox is up to date, how would i know if its not? and how do i manually update?

Cherry7676

Dec 12, 2015
For anyone still struggling with this, i managed to get netflix working, but only by downloading an older version of it, version 1.8.1. there is a youtube tutorial for this, How To Fix Netflix Android.
So obviously there is an issue with the droidbox software, that hasnt been updated in line with all the netflix updates, which is pretty shoddy. My Netflix app had green screen from the day i received it, so obviously it was sold to me with out of date software, and its impossible to find out how to update that, or if its even possible.