Dav091

Apr 29, 2019
Hi All,
I got my dad a H96 Pro box last year for his football and movies and TV APK's. They work faultlessly.

I have been banging on about these boxes to my Father in law - as I use a Nvidia Shield - they don't need that much power.

When I've tried loading 3 different APK for streaming films - they all crash. Does anyone know a fix for this?

Thanks

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Do regular apps like youtube work ok?
Where are you getting the apks from?
Are they the latest versions?
When you say crash, do you mean they fail to download? Or fail to install? On opening the app? Or give an error after selecting a movie to play? Etc.
MovieHD for example works fine for me on an older Droidbox (Droix) supplied machine.

Dav091

Apr 29, 2019
Hey -
Yes - Stock YouTube seems to work fine.
So, the apps I have on my dad's and my Shield are TeaTV - Showbox - and Terrarium(Don't use now as it's been closed)
TeaTV works perfectly for me and my dad - Just installed the same way on my Father In Law's box and it installs OK - But then when I open it and even try to navigate around the screen it crashes to a white screen and then sends me back to the App's home screen - I installed the same way on my new P30 Pro phone and it works perfect on my phone - have also tried it on other mobile devices and works fine.
tried all latest versions and old versions - navigating to the websites aPK file pages and downloading normally.

I am half tempted for him to send the H96 MAX back and get the older version my dad has got!

Any advice would be great.

(Didn't know what Apps I could talk about ETC hence the vague post)

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I googled and see that some people have had similar problems. On firesticks as well.
One solution proposed is to open the app in android settings and clear cache and data. Worth trying.

Btw i would be very wary of using showbox unless you have a VPN running. It uses torrenting to stream so your ip address will be public allowing copyright owners to potentially identify you via your isp.