Kirstie

Jan 21, 2015
Hi Iv had my x7 ultimate for a week now, the last couple of days some of my favourite Xbmc video apps won't play or are taking a very long time to load when I click a show I want to watch but then nothing happens. It just stops loading and doesn't start the show. Also some series on showbox won't load up for me to click an episode.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Can you run us through exactly what you click on please, for the specific XBMC add-ons? We'll repeat the steps on our devices and see if it is an issue for all users, or just you. As an invented example, XBMC>Media Portal>456FGH Add-on>Search>Battlestar Galactica>Season 3>Episode 9>VK Source

One possibility is that your ISP has started putting more blocks in place (see https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/uk-isps-blocking-content-how-to-remove-2/ for some background on the topic, more ISPs are using similar filters/blocks now, though non-court ordered blocks/filters can be disabled normally).

Kirstie

Jan 21, 2015
Hi I've checked all of the apps in question that were misbehaving the past few days and they all seem to be working as normal today?! strange. Is this something that I might experience regularly? Also i have found that the disney junior app in xbmc > video add ons> disney junior all seem to be only about 1 minute long on my box. Could you check if this is the same for all please as my kids would like to watch those. thank you for your reply

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@Kirstie - I've just checked XBMC>Video Add-ons>Disney Junior>Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Space Adventure Song > Mickey's Super Adventure and it shows as being 4m19s long, and played the whole clip.
Re 1 minute long - is that that they play and bomb out after a minute, or they actually show a total length of 1m00s as soon as you click play?