robit

Jun 6, 2015
Son bought H96 MAX X2 to replace T8 v 2 in lounge. When arrived, it didn’t appear to work, so was told to re-flash firmware. It appeared to flash successfully, but would not turn on. Sent back to DroidX, came back supposedly working but once again when connected to lounge TV with its own power supply, and the Ethernet and HDMI cable (and its own HDMI cable) from the still working T8 v 2, it would not show anything on TV.

This time it was tested in my Granddaughter’s bedroom and it worked there fine. In the kitchen TV it also worked. It also worked my place when replaced with my T8 SE cables.

So far, we’ve not been able to figure out why it does not work in the lounge, while the old T8 does. So far we tried numerous HDMI cables connected various ports, without luck. Looked TV settings but can’t anything different to other TVs. Please, if anyone may have any ideas we’d like to try it. Any questions will be answered.

Best regards,

Last edited:

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Can you confirm if you are using hdmi 2.0 (or higher) cabling?
Also what make tv and what resolutions does it support?

robit

Jun 6, 2015
Thanks Nigelr
We used the HDMI cable that came with it, and amongst the others the one from the T8 v 2 and my T8 SE ones. The cable that come with it worked fine on the 2 other TVs we tried it on. The lounge TV that it's not working on is a Samsung 7 series UHD. We're stumped because the old T8 v 2 works ok. Mine is series 8 and no problems with just swapping cables from my T8 SE.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
May be worth borrowing a hdmi 2.0 cable though. I thinking there may be a mismatch between the resolution being passed from the box to the TV.

robit

Jun 6, 2015
Thanks, will try a few different cables and double check some TV settings. In the meanwhile if anyone has any ideas, please say.
Regards,