xpeterpx

Apr 23, 2017
Hope someone can help.
When I download Kodi fron the official site it installs but the icon on my desktop shows with the blue/yellow shield on its bottom right. When i try to load Kodi it just takes me through the set up process again.

Any ideas what coukd be going wrong here?
Thanks for your help.
Pete

xpeterpx

Apr 23, 2017
Also, @xpeterpx which device do you own? If it is a W7, can you let us know the manufacturer/seller, there may be other customers who have mentioned issues in other forums.
Hi Chris
Its a Dell Dimension desktop running W7 Pro. I have it on a second HD running Linux and it loads fine. I think it has something to do with the W7 settings rather than the hardware but cant see what ?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Windows 7 on a Dell Dimension PC, got you now.
Thought W7 referred to (or was a typo) one of our models.

Blue/yellow shield means it wants/will run with Admin priviliges, doesn't it? What happens when you use the icon? You mentioned the setup process comes up again, can you let us know which Kodi setup screens appear? If a lot of text, a picture might be quicker.

If it were my PC, I would first uninstall Kodi, then head to C:\Users\<your account name>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi in Windows Explorer, assuming it still exists. Now delete the entire folder.

Now install Kodi once again. If it doesn't work still, repeat the uninstall and folder removal, then try http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/win32/old/kodi-16.1-Jarvis.exe instead. 16.1 instead of Krypton, but if one works and not the other, it might be a start to tracing the issue.