longjj

Jul 20, 2014
I use istream in xbmc but for some reason I don't get any streams that are hd only dvd
I have had a look in the setting for istream but can't see anything that would disable hd shows
I have also noticed that I don't get any streams for icefilms and my icefilms addon also don't work

Thanks for the help

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Most streams are compressed. It is very rare to get true hd (1080p) no matter what the description says.
Regarding icefilms what web address is the addon using? Check the configuration either by highlighting the addon and pressing the menu key (or control c) or alternatively settings - addons - my apps and then clicking on the addon and selecting configure. Report back what you see.

longjj

Jul 20, 2014
Thanks for getting back to me
I managed to get the addon working in video addons after looking at a few older posts but still can't seem to get it going in istream and the Web address is the same
http://ipv6.icefilms.info
The video quality of the dvd streams are just getting worse hence wanting the hd streams

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I'm not an istream user so cannot comment on that. If you got icefilms working, well done, i would stick with that.
Near-hd streams are either there or not, depending on what sources are available. Try an addon like stream all the sources (salts) which scans multiple sources giving you a wider choice.

longjj

Jul 20, 2014
Done a bit more playing around and I can't get any other host to work in istream other than primewire

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Sorry i can't help you any more, i use the main addons individually and (usually) successfully not via istream.
If you cant get primewire as a stand alone addon, check recent threads. Folks have posted a plethora of alternative proxy ip's to try.