Tahir

Jul 29, 2015
I started getting a "Hdd has been successfully removed" message in openelec repeatedly flash up in openelec and now my hard drive can no longer be seen both in openelec and android. I have tried the format option in openelec and it says formatted successfully but still cannot access it in both android and openelec.

Has anyone had this problem and anyone know what's wrong?

27mark

Aug 10, 2015
could possibly be a fault with the hard drive, you could connect it to a pc to see if windows can find it

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi, I had this when I updated, and I couldn't find it to.
Try this please, turn your box off and then unplug the power plug, then turn your box over and remove the HDD.
Wait and then back in and make sure they are connected nice and tight.
Plug it all back in and try again, it worked for me.
If this doesn't work then I would do a factory reset then do it again.
Hope this helps..

Tahir

Jul 29, 2015
Thanks for your help. I already tried a reset as my box had other issues and that didn't fix it so have taken it out and put it back in and it now showed up again. I'll see if it goes away again.

Actual

Aug 7, 2015
Tahir, I'm getting the same problem. This will be the second time in less than a month I will have had to to remove the HDD and reseat it. I don't believe for one second this is a hardware problem, looks like a software/firmware/driver issue to me. The last update was awful, I might try and rollback.

shah nissar

Android Tv Expert
Mar 30, 2015
There have been issues with the update. Our developers are continuously working on it. If you get similar error please do as already mentioned by David

Tahir

Jul 29, 2015
I only have the one box so no way of getting it mixed up but have checked anyway and it's definitely the right one. When it works I have no issues and it did seem like a software issue as openelec was happy to tell me it removed the HDD successfully...

shah nissar

Android Tv Expert
Mar 30, 2015
So if it is working as of now, go on... If it you issues again let us know. With the new update on T8-S we have had very little to almost none issues so far. Our developers are working continuously to improve the update and give better stability...

Reactions: David Savage

Tahir

Jul 29, 2015
So if it is working as of now, go on... If it you issues again let us know. With the new update on T8-S we have had very little to almost none issues so far. Our developers are working continuously to improve the update and give better stability...

My post was written back in September, since then I have had very few issues with the hdd.

Reactions: David Savage

Tahir

Jul 29, 2015
Since the last post I've had the unmount and mount issues occur a few times and physically removing the drive and then plugging it back in again has worked. This time however, with the new update installed, it has happened again and even removing the drive hasn't worked.

Actual

Aug 7, 2015
I've been sent a replacement by Droidbox, but I'd already moved my hard drive to an Intel NUC, so I've offloaded the replacement Droidbox to my dad (who so far hasn't needed the size of storage I need). He's already had a few issues with the replacement, so I'll consider the Droidbox a failed experiment on my part. Stick with the Raspberry Pi and then if you are really serious, upgrade to a PC. The Intel NUC's are absolutely brilliant, they run the latest Kodi out of the box and you don't have to wait for Droidbox or anyone else to "tinker" with the latest versions to make custom versions that work with their hardware.

Reactions: thegazsheard

Mark Seward

Feb 9, 2017
I to have an issue with internal SSD drive with drive being successfully removed. Keeps on saying "open ES File explorer when this USB device is connected". If I press cancel everything works until I go back to main menu then get the same message. Think it might be a problem with file explorer. Have done all they have asked me to do, but nothing works. I was told that these new boxes don't have the problem, unlike the old ones. I bought mine a week ago. Which say 2015. definitely not new then. Anyway, have spent most of 4 days messing around with this box and I am now sending it back due to far to many issues.

Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
As far as ES File Explorer mess, this be disabled in ES File Explorer's settings menu. Look for notify me when a USB device is attached and untick it. It shouldn't pop up then. You can also untick that annoying floating ticker as well.

Reactions: ChrisM