Deezel

Nov 4, 2016
North east
Hi just got a new T8 plus and fitted a hdd , setup recording in libre elec and works perfect, problem is when using Kodi from android side it says it's downloading but it's not when checked in ES file explorer , whats recorded in libre elec is there and plays back perfect on es file thingy , but Kodi and dmbc are not showing what its suppose to have dowloaded ? it's even coming up saying down load complete ?
any tips appreciated
Thanks John

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Hi just got a new T8 plus and fitted a hdd , setup recording in libre elec and works perfect, problem is when using Kodi from android side it says it's downloading but it's not when checked in ES file explorer , whats recorded in libre elec is there and plays back perfect on es file thingy , but Kodi and dmbc are not showing what its suppose to have dowloaded ? it's even coming up saying down load complete ?
any tips appreciated
Thanks John
Hi

Can you make sure that you are checking proper download path for the following that you use.

Once download had been done please check if memory size on your box has been taken,that is how you will know for sure that download was performed properly or not.

Regards

Deezel

Nov 4, 2016
North east
Thanks sblabs that fix cured it , I'd seen that before but remember reading it was included in the 1.08 update so didn't bother trying it , anyway all working ok now , thanks again

Regards John

Reactions: sblabs

Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
I've just received my ver2 T8-S Plus and I'm having the same issue with writing to my HDD and SD card.

Im familiar with DroidBOX as this is my fifth box, however the fix did not work. It flashed fine, no errors, stating that it was applied. I've tried it twice but it still won't let me write to storage within DBMC or Kodi in android. Out of kodi, I can write to any storage fine within android.

Sent From Experia X Mobile Phone

Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
Thanks.

Tried this but full access in permissions is granted.

Still no luck.

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
Looks like DBX will have to update the .zip file. how you like the v2 was thinking about getting one.

Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
It's really fast. Loads into android in about 5 seconds.

I've upgraded from the kitkat T8-S 4.4.2, so I'm really impressed with it.

LibraELEC works fine with the exception that when you turn it off, it go's into reboot and back into LibraELEC.

Besides that and the android /kodi/DBMC write issues, it's brilliant. The pros outway the cons in my opinion.

Also the lan ethetnet port is 10/100/1000 so I'm getting very fast Internet speeds. 220mb/s without vpn. However with vpn (Ipvanish) between 5-20 mb/s. But I've always had this with Ipvanish.

Reactions: sblabs

sblabs

Jul 18, 2016
Earth
The LibraELEC rebooting problem is a known bug, am sure DBX will release a OTA Fix or a updated .zip file, i am tempted to get the new v2 but my box is only 3 or 4 months old, but to get the android v6 and the new cpu chip i guess its worth it. enjoy the box.

Fritz-69

May 28, 2016
I'm sure these are teething problems and will enable fixed soon. Like you I bought my last T8-S in August, but wanted the updated chip & OS.

I think a lot of people don't think when buying a box, what after support there is. Between DroidBOX and this forum, it's second to none. That's why I always buy from them. But each to there own.