Actual

Aug 7, 2015
I've had a brand new 250GB SSD drive installed for about 1 week, all has been working fine until today. Movie/TV show shortcuts didn't work which tipped me off there might be a problem. Cannot see HDD in /var/media so tried reboot (no difference) and upgrading/downgrading OpenELEC version (no difference). OpenELEC lets me format the HDD and says successful (last resort) but still I cannot access the HDD.

In Android, I can see the HDD in ES file explorer but I cannot access it.

Help!

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
I had a similar problem, I powered my box off and removed the HDD and then reconnected it, and all was good. The only thing I did aswell was I did a restore, and cleared my drive as well.
Just try that 1st and see, but please make sure you power off and unplug your device 1st. Good luck

Actual

Aug 7, 2015
That worked! Thanks! Seemed a bit drastic - do we think the SATA connections are poor? It felt like the HDD connection was in nice and solid and it connected back up with a nice 'click'. I'd rather not have to do this often. My droidbox experience has not been that great thus far. I noticed my review hasn't been published, I wonder why!

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Not sure on your review as I don't work for them, have you done the OTA Updater recently as this what stopped mine.
Glad its back though, enjoy and hope your experience improves....

Dave

Actual

Aug 7, 2015
My HDD was installed after the last OTA update. It was all working fine until today.