ugjointer

Mar 2, 2016
Hello newbie here, I currently have my T8 in my lounge but connect it to an RF modulator using the composite to a scart on the modulator through an RF cable to another TV in another room.
For this to work I have to dis the HDMI cable on my T8. Is there anyway to get HDMI and composite to work at the same time so I can watch the same film ?

Sent from my LIFETAB_S1034X using Tapatalk

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
I'll check, but I don't think it outputs to both at the same time, apart from anything else resolution settings in applications would be a muddle, as you'd have 480/576 via the AV composite output, and 720/1080 from HDMI. I've not got anything with phono/SCART input around me right now, so I'll check later on this evening and update this thread.

In the meantime (NOT AN OFFICIAL RECOMMENDATION, JUST A PASSING THOUGHT), have you looked into extending HDMI over network cables? You can spend a lot of money on wireless HDMI adapters, but if you're able to run an aerial cable between the two points, you should be able to get a normal Cat 5/5e cable through the same obstacles, this approach doesn't cost too much.
The site coming in a moment do warn the resolution achievable will depend on the cable length (and to a certain degree, I imagine, the quality of the cable), but I'd still take an 480/576/720 HDMI video signal over the RCA/composite output. http://www.comms-express.com/produc...de=583096313&gclid=CIrZqu-IpcsCFUrlwgodkRUFNw

ugjointer

Mar 2, 2016
An aerial cable was fed into the other room as it was being built , its above ceiling plasterboard most of the way and between dot and dab the rest so the only existing link is the aerial cable from the amplifier behind TV1. I use the modulator to play recorded stuff from my youview box on both at the same time selecting analogue channel on TV 2 .

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Excuse the extended delay, forgot I'd need two displays to test properly.

Whenever an HDMI cable was connected to the T8, the RCA/Phono output was automatically stopped. I tried setting HDMI to 576 and 480 in case a matching resolution was enough, but this didn't help.

ugjointer

Mar 2, 2016
I might be snookered then . Thanks for you response

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
You might still be able to pot the black. If you have an android tablet or phone (or a laptop) you could load kodi on that and connect to your spare tv via mini hdmi cables.

Reactions: ugjointer

ugjointer

Mar 2, 2016
Yes, indeed, installed Kodi onto my quad core tablet, then exodus , bought an HDMI/Mini HDMI and it works so at least we can both watch the same film

Reactions: ChrisM and Nigelar