Hightone10

Jan 23, 2016
Does anyone know if the T8-plus box can make use of this feature that is available on my tv cheers in advance.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
The UHD in the product description is referring to purely the resolution. Although 4K and UltraHD have slightly different definitions, they are used interchangeably by most. In the same way that some of our adverts mention Jailbroken, even though this is the Apple term for the Android "rooted" status. As lots of people search for Android devices with Jailbreak/Jailbroken, we include the term.
http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/174221-no-tv-makers-4k-and-uhd-are-not-the-same-thing breaks down the differences between 4K and UHD.

However, @Hightone10 was maybe referring to High Dynamic Range (HDR)? or Rec. 2020 colourspace? May also see referred to as extended Gamut, though more likely you'll come across it spelled correctly :)
If one of those, I've not got a compatible TV to test this with, sorry. Does anyone here have a compatible set and maybe a T8-S Plus?

Hightone10

Jan 23, 2016
I have a Samsung tv with the Hdmi settings set to UHD colour. If I connect a non compliant box it will not display a picture. When I connect the T8-plus box it displays fine.
Hi I don't think I can change my hdmi settings to UHD colour where is it on you tv Eddyad?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
It all depends on your model number and how old your TV is. Most new Ultra HD tvs have HDR and this is for mainly the new Blu-ray format out this year. See Silentlyscreeming post above to see what it is. Most people won't need it, but if you are thinking of upgrading to UHD blu-ray and spending £1000 on a player and then £40 on each new disc then it's not needed. There are also rumours Sky is going to use it on there new box which can also do Dolby Atmos and DTS X (subject to change).
New UHD TVS look great but still very new, I still love my Plasma for deep blacks and smooth motion. The OLED TVS are getting better and cheaper to, but I'm hanging on. 40% of a movie is the sound so I prefer a good sound system too.

Sorry if I'm going on.

Reactions: angela

Eddyad

Feb 12, 2016
Bishop Auckland
Thanks a lot for the update. @Hightone10 it looks like there may be hope, so I didn't have a direct answer to hand, but it looks Eddyad's TV thinks it has UHD Colour.
On the Samsung UHD picture settings under "additional settings". On the 6000 series and below only No 1 Hdmi can be set to UHD colour. The others are greyed out. The series above series 6000 have all 4 Hdmi inputs to enable. They are disabled by default.

Reactions: Hightone10

Hightone10

Jan 23, 2016
On the Samsung UHD picture settings under "additional settings". On the 6000 series and below only No 1 Hdmi can be set to UHD colour. The others are greyed out. The series above series 6000 have all 4 Hdmi inputs to enable. They are disabled by default.
think i have found them in the settings when I go to change them it asks me to unplug the Hdmi leads before proceeding not had chance to do this yet tho does that sound about right to you?

Tobi

Oct 21, 2016
Have been have issues with my ts8 it has never connected to WiFi before, and when I click on the driodbox media center it's reboot itself I have to click again and again before it's work. And after one it's load the it's goes blank guess the hdmi port too is having issues

Sent from my SM-G935F using DroidBOX Forums mobile app

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Hi again Tobi.

Did you get yesterday's email with the return instructions?
Your device has connected to your modem's WiFi a couple of times, but not reliably.
I do think we have exhausted remote support options over the phone, I don't think there is much point in repeating the same steps here in the forum.

Get the box back to us following the steps in the email and we'll get it sorted out.

Tobi

Oct 21, 2016
Hi again Tobi.

Did you get yesterday's email with the return instructions?
Your device has connected to your modem's WiFi a couple of times, but not reliably.
I do think we have exhausted remote support options over the phone, I don't think there is much point in repeating the same steps here in the forum.

Get the box back to us following the steps in the email and we'll get it sorted out.
Thanks so much Chris

Sent from my SM-G935F using DroidBOX Forums mobile app