Itslikebrandnew

Sep 9, 2019
I've raspberry pi's so i know what retropie can do, but when i come to look at buying a handheld i have no idea of what each one is capable of.

I know it's probably alot of work but somewhere there really should a page listing each handheld and what it supports out of the box and then a list of it's custom firmware and then what that can support.

I'm completely lost and i'll probably end up with a waveshare gamehat just because i know what it can do.

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
The product pages for the handhelds we sell at https://droidbox.co.uk/gaming/retro-gaming-consoles.html will have information on what each device supports for emulators as well as some videos, if you scroll down the page to the technical specs. If you want a recommendation I would go for either of the RG300 models. It supports RetroFW which has all the standard emulators that comes with it.

Itslikebrandnew

Sep 9, 2019
I know it's alot of work but it would be really helpful to have a 1 page comparison table of what each one does. Just scrolling down that page doesn't give much info (i'll look on the actual product page in a minute).

DroiX LDK Retro Gaming Handheld Console
Supports up to 45 emulators

DroiX Retro Game RG300 Retro Gaming Handheld Console
RG300 will cover all the basis for a great “all-round” Portable Gaming Console.

DroiX RS-97 Plus V2 - Retro Gaming Handheld Console
the RS-97 Plus V2 can emulate a wide variety of systems, ranging from 8bit to 32bit.

BITTBOY PocketGo Retro Gaming Handheld Console
With 10 systems supported, you can be sure to find a title that brings back memories.

BittBoy V3.5 OpenDingux Retro Gaming Handheld
Play all your favourite classic retro games

DroiX RS-97 Plus V3 - Anniversary Edition IPS Screen
RS-97 Plus is running on the popular OpenDingux Firmware, which offers a beautiful and organised User Interface

DroiX Coolbaby RS-97 PRO HW v3.0 - Transparent
It comes with various Emulators for Consoles such as: Capcom Play System, NeoGeo, Megadrive / Genesis, Sega Master System and GameGear with over 3000 Pre-Installed Games

The only one that gives any kind of info is the last one. I will check out each ones individual page in a minute.

Itslikebrandnew

Sep 9, 2019
On the product page :-
DroiX LDK Retro Gaming Handheld Console
Pre-Installed Emulators: CPS1, CPS2, Neo-Geo, Megadrive / Genesis, Sega Master System, GameGear
Up to 45 emulators can be installed via a custom firmware
What custom firmware and what emulators?

DroiX Retro Game RG300 Retro Gaming Handheld Console
Pre-Installed Emulators: Dingux MSX, FBA A320, FBA SDL, FCEUX, Gambatte, GG, GBA, Handy, NGP, OhBoy, WSC, pcsx4all, PicoDrive, Pokemini, SMS Plus GX,SN, temper
OpenDingux is far more supported in terms of Systems and Ports
Any links as to what systems are supported by OpenDingux?

DroiX RS-97 Plus V2 - Retro Gaming Handheld Console
Pre-Installed Emulators: Dingux MSX, FBA A320, FBA SDL, FCEUX, Gambatte, GG, GBA, Handy, NGP, OhBoy, WSC, pcsx4all, PicoDrive, Pokemini, SMS Plus GX, PocketS, temperBBC Micro, DOSBox, MS, MSX, OpenBOR, gneo
Running the latest OpenDingux Firmware, combined with the Powerful 64bit Chipset and RAM Configuration, the RS-97 Plus V2 can emulate a wide variety of systems, ranging from 8bit to 32bit.
Again any links as to what other systems this opendingux can run?

BITTBOY PocketGo Retro Gaming Handheld Console
With 10 systems supported, you can be sure to find a title that brings back memories.
Doesn't say what systems.

BittBoy V3.5 OpenDingux Retro Gaming Handheld
System Support: NES/GB/GBC/GBA/SNES/SMD/SMS/PCE/NEOGEO

DroiX RS-97 Plus V3 - Anniversary Edition IPS Screen
Pre-Installed Emulators: Dingux MSX, FBA A320, FBA SDL, FCEUX, Gambatte, GG, GBA, Handy, NGP, OhBoy, WSC, pcsx4all, PicoDrive, Pokemini, SMS Plus GX,SN, temper

DroiX Coolbaby RS-97 PRO HW v3.0 - Transparent
dead link

Coming from retropie where it's easy to find every system that it supports i'm struggling to find what i need.

Something interesting i did find was the BittBoy V3.5 OpenDingux has save support which is really useful, but now i don't know if the other handhelds do or not.

Dave C

Staff member
Marketing
Sep 1, 2015
London
www.droix.co.uk
You can find the custom firmwares for the devices on this forum https://www.droidboxforums.com/#retro-gaming.126 . RetroFW and OpenDingux for example include the below systems

Amiga
Gameboy
Gameboy Advance
NES
SNES
Master System & Game Gear
Megadrive/Genesis
Atari 2600
Lynx
PC Engine
Arcade
FBA (Arcade)