mikeboyd31

Mar 22, 2017
I had my MXQ pro 4k for about 3 months. Worked great then yesterday I turned it on and it just sits at boot "mbox" logo forever. I tried booting in recovery mode and clearing cache and did a factory reset. Didn't work. I then used Burging Tool to try and update firmware but my computer will only recognize the USB connection for 2 seconds. Shows un known device then disappears.. when in recovery mode I get the message "E: failed to mount /sd_card (unknown connection)" not sure if that has anything to do with connection to computer as I'm using a USB to USB cable.. any help would be greatly appreciated

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Can you let us know where the device came from, is it a DroidBOX piece of hardware? Are you able to enter into bootloader mode (from an entry in the Recovery menu) and then try the USB Burning Tool again?

mikeboyd31

Mar 22, 2017
Not sure where it came from, I bought it 2nd hand. When going into boot loader mode burning tool still doesn't see it but it stays up on my pc as unknown device where it use to just disappear after one second. Thanks for any help

Robert Maps

Jan 6, 2020
I have the same problem. I have tried everything including shorting the NANDS no progress. I cannot enter recovery mode, I can only see "erasing" on screen no recovery menu. PLEASE HELP