GWPJONES

Feb 21, 2015
Hi, I've had my X7 a while now and due to lack of knowledge and confidence I haven't updated much on it. I'm still using XBMC 13.3 instead of Kodi for this same reason.
My main issue is that recently the TV Catch up app has stopped playing videos. error message (Play back of 'BBC One' has failed. Press 'Go to support' to check channel status and for support).
and YouTube has also stopped playing certain but not all videos. Error message ( There was a problem while playing, Click any key to retry)
Can anyone offer advice on this problem
Thanks so much

Qaisir

Nov 10, 2015
Hello,
XBMC and Kodi are same, XBMC was the first version and Kodi is the latest version. You can uninstall the current version of XBMC or Kodi (13.3) bye going to settings(two cogs) from home screen then click on other>more setting>Apps>Kodi. After clicking on Kodi clcik on force stop and then uninstall. Then reinstall new version of Kodi(15.2) here: https://droidbox.co.uk/how-to/kodi-spmc-and-dbmc-downloads/.
After reinstalling Kodi you need to install wookie wizard: https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-the-wookie-wizard-for-kodi/.

Other apps that you are complaining of not working it may be as they are now out of date. I recommend to update your apps via google playstore. To sign in and update an app via Playstore please check this video:

GWPJONES

Feb 21, 2015
Thanks Qaisir.
Right. Iv uninstalled and reinstalled both YouTube and tv catch up and they are still not working. ??? Plan b anyone?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Have you updated kodi like he said? Only you don't say. That would be plan b.

GWPJONES

Feb 21, 2015
Hey,
I've followed your instructions and uninstalled xbmc and installed Kodi 15.2 with the Wookie wizard. Kodi seems to be working great. However, this hasn't helped my original problem of certain videos on YouTube not playing and TvCatchup not working. Since the Kodi installation ive also tried installing these two apps again but still no luck.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
To be clear, are you talking about the android apps, and confirm you did a reinstall from the google play store?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
From the tv catch up web site
Some users are experiencing frequent Video Playback Error's. We are aware of the issue and are working on a fix. In the meantime we have found that this works:

Completely turn off your device

Wait 2 minutes

Turn your device back on

Try accessing the service again.

Can you provide examples of you tube videos you are having problems with?

GWPJONES

Feb 21, 2015
Its pretty much any YouTube video but strangely the adverts play fine. Just think its odd that both app have stopped working. Is there a program or software that these apps use to play videos? Maybe I need to update something on the droidbox itself.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Both will be using android. It is possible that your box has an ancient version of android and maybe its incompatible? Although most apps are pretty robust to that. Maybe you could check that and report back. In the meantime, maybe download filmon from google play as your tvcatchup alternative.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I did a google search and came across this. Seems a lot of people experienced this problem in late 2013. There are some solutions mentioned in a very lengthy thread but whether there is anything thats relevant for you i dont know.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/youtube/1ChbJPgFE0s

Does youtube work in a browser? Try it.

Silently screaming was also suggesting that there is a totally separate youtube addon within kodi. See if that works.

GWPJONES

Feb 21, 2015
Filmon works great. Thanks for the suggestion.
YouTube works fine on browser.
The only solution on that thread is to uninstall the youtube update. When I go into settings>apps>YouTube. the only option is to uninstall completely.
Ill try the Kodi addon over the weekend. Grrrrrr.