Paul McClintock

Feb 29, 2016
Hello

I am looking for a bit of help.

I purchased a T8-S box last week and its been running ok except for last few days where the remote has become nightmare to use and I need to switch the box off and on constantly as it freezes.

I know the remote is not the best but the issue I am having is that from time to time it just won't respond on the home screen or when I am in kodi.

The RAM usage is around 45 - 50% when this happens when its usually at 25 %. I have cleaned the box out, and clean kodi each day but it still happens.

Its not the battery remote as I checked this too. Has anyone came across this before?

I am not sure if its a software issue but I have wiped kodi and loaded beast 1.6 back on it. It worked fine so I turned the box off. When I loaded it up again after, it ran slow again

Has anyone else had problems with beast 1.6 on their box or have any sugestions what the issue might be.

If anyone can help, it would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Paul McClintock

Feb 29, 2016
Hello

I am looking for a bit of help.

I purchased a T8-S box last week and its been running ok except for last few days where the remote has become nightmare to use and I need to switch the box off and on constantly as it freezes.

I know the remote is not the best but the issue I am having is that from time to time it just won't respond on the home screen or when I am in kodi.

The RAM usage is around 45 - 50% when this happens when its usually at 25 %. I have cleaned the box out, and clean kodi each day but it still happens.

Its not the battery remote as I checked this too. Has anyone came across this before?

I am not sure if its a software issue but I have wiped kodi and loaded beast 1.6 back on it. It worked fine so I turned the box off. When I loaded it up again after, it ran slow again

Has anyone else had problems with beast 1.6 on their box or have any sugestions what the issue might be.

If anyone can help, it would be appreciated.

anyone??

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Sometimes when the box in kodi updates this can cause problems with your box pausing or even freezing up.
Not sure on the remote on the main boot menu, I've got a T8-S and works great. Yes I've had the odd freeze up and crash, but not with the remote. You could try a full factory reset and start again or use the live chat function on droidboxs main site, it's the greenish box in the bottom corner.
Or go to there Facebook page and there contact number is there. As you've just got your box it's would do that in the morning.
Sorry I've not been much help.

Paul McClintock

Feb 29, 2016
thanks for the reply

Its not kodi updating or any add ons as its all up to date. I was thinking i'll now reset the box and see if it helps. If not, i'll try the chat facility.

Thanks

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Sounds odd and you are right the remotes aren't great, best to look at a air mouse VIP remote aswell. They work great with these boxes.
Before you do the reset check the infer red sensor doesn't have any film on. Also that nothing is blocking it.

Good luck

Paul McClintock

Feb 29, 2016
Its not the remote as it works fine after kodi is wiped clean and the build put back on. I think its a software issue but not sure.

Tampa

Oct 8, 2015
Kodi 16 / T8S / Beast 1.6 - all running ok. Updated Kodi via play store and best via PIN FREE YouTube video... All ok - EXCEPT for scrolling bar telling me to get pin for updates DESPITE addons updating anyway?!?

Reactions: David Savage