Daniel Wilkinson

Jul 18, 2016
I have just moved home and am trying to set up my droidbox T8 on my new TV, we have a new WiFi set up / supplier here as well. I have plugged all the cables in turned on the box ok and the home screen appears fine. The problem is the locating by network symbol in top left corner just swirls round and round and literally nothing works, the remote doesn't do anything (changed batteries and the lot) and there's no way to select anything on the screen. Wondered if anyone had any experience of setting one up on a new TV? Problem may be it's trying to connect to the old WiFi network or something but no idea really! It seems strange the control no longer works the screen just seems frozen. Can anyone help? Much appreciated.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
The weather in the corner hasn't worked for awhile now, even since yahoo updated there weather, droidbox no about it and are looking into it.
As for your box try and power off then unplug from the back, wait and then try again.
If you are on WiFi you will need to input your new details in setting.
As for your remote take the batteries out and then check they are correct way.
See how you get on with this.

Daniel Wilkinson

Jul 18, 2016
Thanks David already tried all the basics as you suggested but nothing works. There is no way of inputting my new WiFi password as the remote control does nothing so there is no way of selecting anything on screen. I'm going to try getting a new remote control but it was working fine at the old place so don't think it's that. If it's not the remote then may have to try a factory reset or something see if that does anything?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Check the battery contacts inside the remote aren't brown from a battery leakage. Also give it the fix it tap or bang see if this helps.
If you get another remote have alook at the VIP ones or the B52, the latter is charged by USB. Plus they have keyboards on them.

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Hi, If you have got a usb computer mouse plug that into your box to navigate, to see if you can imput your new wifi.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Check you haven't disabled the mousey activity. There's a key on most remotes which switches mouse action on or off.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Also double check during the move that you didn't remove the little USB dongle for your remote control, then forgot to plug it back into the DroidBOX afterwards. Another occasional cause is plugging the USB dongle into the TV rather than the DroidBOX itself!
Send us an e-mail with the details of your original order with us, and we'll get to the bottom of this @Daniel Wilkinson