m96x

Jan 28, 2017
Hello guys, I broke my m96x android box by modifying the build.prop and now it does not pass the startup screen. its stuck . i tried the bottom reset button, removed the plug while hodling the reset button and plug it in but nothing happened. can someone tell me how to flash this box and where to get firmware. i have other another m96x box that is working. how should i save the firmware from working box and how to flash it into broken box ? PLease help. thank you

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hello.
You will only find Firmware specific to the Droidbox range of boxes here so I would recommend you ask your box supplier if he can provide a firmware for your box.
An alternative is to try the freaktab web site as they have links for various firmwares. They possibly might have one for the processor on your box - I notice they have a section for amlogic s905x processors which is the one on your box. There is no guarantee that it will be compatible with your box though.
Try the supplier first.
Good luck.

m96x

Jan 28, 2017
Hello.
You will only find Firmware specific to the Droidbox range of boxes here so I would recommend you ask your box supplier if he can provide a firmware for your box.
An alternative is to try the freaktab web site as they have links for various firmwares. They possibly might have one for the processor on your box - I notice they have a section for amlogic s905x processors which is the one on your box. There is no guarantee that it will be compatible with your box though.
Try the supplier first.
Good luck.

I found the img file but its in 3 sections. Part 1 part 2 part 3 i dontno why . I have never flashed a box. I tried to youtube or google but did not find what software to use . Please help me if you know thanks

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I can only go on what i find on google and what I've done in the past. Most methods involve downloading the firmware onto a pc (often as a zip file) and then loading it onto an SD card (making sure you format the SD card first). Then installing it on the android box. There are loads of guides on google so search again.
I would strongly advise contacting your box supplier. If you don't know what you are doing or if you have not got the right firmware then you run a serious risk of totally destroying your box.

Reactions: Bjbirch