michellehogg_

Jun 13, 2015
The hubby as wiped the whole T8 box can get kodi to install need help and fast please x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

michellehogg_

Jun 13, 2015
All sorted really had it when he does that but the box never had any storage so he ends up deleting everything. Can you add a SD card for more storage? And if so how do you do it please thank you

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
The simple answer is yes, or you could use a usb stick.
Use file manager to move media (photos, music, films) to the external storage.
Some but not all apps can also be moved (options in android - settings - apps).
You could also connect a hard disk drive to your t8 via a USB port and use that for storage.

michellehogg_

Jun 13, 2015
Thanks nigelar can you not make the storage any bigger at all?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Hi michelle. I'm not aware of any way of expanding on board storage on a t8 (t8-s supports an internal hd). So you're options are as above, usb ( which can take up to 128gb these days), sd card or connecting an external hd via a USB port. You may also be able to connect wirelessly to a dedicated media server where you can store all your stuff. You would need to research that though.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Most important thing to remember is closing Kodi down before turning the DroidBOX off. The exact method will depend on the skin you're using AND misbehaving add-ons can cause this not to work, but looking for:
A power/standby icon next to a star, bottom left of Kodi/XBMC/DBMC/SPMC's homescreen
Exit
Quit
Power

It can take 5-20 seconds to close down, but worth doing to minimize the amount of temporary files left behind. Otherwise you can quickly run up 3 or 4Gb of discarded stream data.