franky

May 6, 2015
i did a firmware update to megatron firmware using the tooth pick method i must have downloaded the wrong firmware i guess now my t8 k200 has lost the clock and the unit reads nexus 10 em8 i have tried to flash it back to the right model etc. but when i insert the tooth pick and turn the unit on it only gos to the megatron logo and stays there note the unit work like this but i have lost a lot of functions someone please tell me they know how to bring my unit back....

update: I was able to unbrick my unit by first doing an update to a stock nexus em8 firmware and then doing a firmware update to a droidstick t8 k200 firmware so everything is back to normal and id like to add i didn't install the wrong megatron firmware it was a problem with the firmware itself so beware of this firmware and thank god for small miracles

Last edited:

predatorongalaxy

May 19, 2015
Hi Franky I'm having exactly the same problem as you after I updated to mega-tron firmware could you please tell me where you got the nexus em8 firmware and how you managed to get your t8 up and running again would be greatly appreciated cheers Terry

franky

May 6, 2015
hey pre sorry for the wait did you get your t8 fixed?

sorry tried to post the links for you but because i am a new member this site won't let me....

Last edited:

peter-walker

Jun 10, 2015
i did a firmware update to megatron firmware using the tooth pick method i must have downloaded the wrong firmware i guess now my t8 k200 has lost the clock and the unit reads nexus 10 em8 i have tried to flash it back to the right model etc. but when i insert the tooth pick and turn the unit on it only gos to the megatron logo and stays there note the unit work like this but i have lost a lot of functions someone please tell me they know how to bring my unit back....

update: I was able to unbrick my unit by first doing an update to a stock nexus em8 firmware and then doing a firmware update to a droidstick t8 k200 firmware so everything is back to normal and id like to add i didn't install the wrong megatron firmware it was a problem with the firmware itself so beware of this firmware and thank god for small miracles

peter-walker

Jun 10, 2015
Hi Franky.
I made the same mistake I cannot get rid of Meagtron....only the picture happens when trying to flash.
I Cannot find old version firmware for the T8.
Do you have the firmware and please tell me how you installed as I cannot get the robot man to come up ...just the Meagatron symbol

PS...my internet will not connect....Much help needed my friend!

Cheers

stana

Feb 2, 2015
Go Droidsticks website and download their T8 firmware. Flash to the box. That will sort it out. Your warranty will already be lost if you flashed megatron firmware on it. Megatron T8 firmware is a ported M8 version and does not work properly on the T8.

predatorongalaxy

May 19, 2015
Hi stana I downloaded the droidsticks firmware and tried to flash my t8 but when it reboots it only gets as far as the mega-tron logo and then the T8 stops/locks up. I've tried the hard reset (using a toothpick to hold the reset button in) but still no joy. Do you think I've done something wrong
? Thanks Terry

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

stana

Feb 2, 2015
Hi stana I downloaded the droidsticks firmware and tried to flash my t8 but when it reboots it only gets as far as the mega-tron logo and then the T8 stops/locks up. I've tried the hard reset (using a toothpick to hold the reset button in) but still no joy. Do you think I've done something wrong
? Thanks Terry

Did you go into the recovery menu and factory reset before trying to flash the new firmware. Can you get to the recovery menu.

predatorongalaxy

May 19, 2015
Hi went to settings > backup & reset > turned off Backup my data and Automatic restore > reset phone > erase everything. My T8 reboots and then stops/hangs at the megatron logo screen. It's driving me nuts :((