Tabitha

May 10, 2017
Has anyone had trouble with the box constantly freezing and you have to unplug the power cord several times to get it to unfreeze. I can leave it turned off all night and turn it on first thing in the morning and it freezes up and won't do anything. Once I get it unfroze we can watch for half hour to hour and turn off and come back to watch again a few hours later and turn on and go through the same thing over again. I just received the box on May 4th, so this is all new to me and I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem or if something is wrong with the Droidbox.

Tabitha

May 10, 2017
My setup is P200_2G-userdebug6.0.1 and I'm running Kodi Kyrpton 17.1 and my internet is wireless with 12mbps.
I'm new to all this and if you need any more information please let me know and any help is greatly appreciated.

Tabitha

May 10, 2017
Thank you for the information. I will definitely try this and hopefully it helps. Do you think that would freeze my box up by just turning my box on with having just the wireless connection? It does it by just powering the box up. It will freeze on the main screen with the word boot where the clock is.

Tabitha

May 10, 2017
Thank you. I will definitely try to find out how to get a hold of them and get some more help. Thanks for the fast response.

VectisDragon

Mar 5, 2017
This is a problem discussed in another post only cure I have found is to change launcher

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Has anyone had trouble with the box constantly freezing and you have to unplug the power cord several times to get it to unfreeze. I can leave it turned off all night and turn it on first thing in the morning and it freezes up and won't do anything. Once I get it unfroze we can watch for half hour to hour and turn off and come back to watch again a few hours later and turn on and go through the same thing over again. I just received the box on May 4th, so this is all new to me and I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem or if something is wrong with the Droidbox.
Hi

Please do wipe data/factory reset from recovery menu and after that reboot!

You can take a look at the guide below,everything is explained step by step!

https://droidbox.co.uk/how-to/accessing-your-droidboxs-recovery-menu/

When done do test video playback through stand alone youtube app,web browsing ,Kodi offline and online playback etc.

Please do let us know if the problem still persist.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
My setup is P200_2G-userdebug6.0.1 and I'm running Kodi Kyrpton 17.1 and my internet is wireless with 12mbps.
I'm new to all this and if you need any more information please let me know and any help is greatly appreciated.
5mbs is already enough for the streaming .Freeze that occur is not connected with the internet speed but the buffer problem is and sometimes with larger files more than 5mbs for the streaming is required,but usually enough for streaming.

Regards

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Yep. With 2 brand new boxes. Waiting a refund now.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Hi

Can you tell us if you emailed us already regarding the issue and if so have you provided a link to the thread?

Can you tell us which problem exactly from the thread you are referring to?

It would be better to write us an email though .

Regards

lubo1967

Apr 23, 2017
I have sent my 2nd faulty box back to you and have send proof of postage. I am just waiting on a refund.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
I have sent my 2nd faulty box back to you and have send proof of postage. I am just waiting on a refund.

Hi

I was just interested in terms of technical issue what has been tried to resolve the problem?

Thanks for the info.

lubo1967

Apr 23, 2017
They both kicked out midway through watching something. First box i tried a full reset and a download that droidbox sent me. That box was 24hrs old. I got sent a 2nd box that lasted 48hours then boited back to Droidbox launch screen and stayed there. I boxed it up as wasnt messing about. The box should be with them now so just waiting on refund so i can buy a box that actually works.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
They both kicked out midway through watching something. First box i tried a full reset and a download that droidbox sent me. That box was 24hrs old. I got sent a 2nd box that lasted 48hours then boited back to Droidbox launch screen and stayed there. I boxed it up as wasnt messing about. The box should be with them now so just waiting on refund so i can buy a box that actually works.

Hi

This can depend on many reasons,due to Kodi version,add on that you were using and your internet connections that are one of many.Best way to test the playback itself is the youtube stand alone app where you can check the resolutions,see how your internet connections behave and quality of the streaming(buffering)in general.

Also please do take a note that due to Kodi v16 and v17 being different that some add ons are not cross compatible and may not behave well on one or another.

Can you tell me which boxes have you owned so far so i could know how to advise in the box selection that would best fit for your use?

Regards

lubo1967

Apr 23, 2017
I have an MXQ pro box and it is fine with everything i watch. I have sent the boxes back for refund so it doesnt matter now as i no longer own nor want a droidbox