Kerry D

Jun 29, 2016
i am new here and to kodi. I have had my box for about 6 weeks and it just stopped working. The date won't switch off June 1975 and after I changed the date nothing will load. Everything days no stream available???

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Ok. Can we start with a basic question. Which Droidbox model do you have?
The issue may be a simple as ensuring that you have ticked "use network time" in android settings - date and time.
Do you have a good internet connection?

Kerry D

Jun 29, 2016
Ok. Can we start with a basic question. Which Droidbox model do you have?
The issue may be a simple as ensuring that you have ticked "use network time" in android settings - date and time.
Do you have a good internet connection?
Yes I do have a good connection my box says MXIII on it

Kerry D

Jun 29, 2016
I checked automatic date and time are checked but the box always defaults to 4/26/1975

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Ok I don't recognise the MXIII as one supplied by Droidbox. Did you try switching automatic time/date off, setting the date, turning automatic time/date on then rebooting the box?

You may also may want to consider using the clock sync app on Google play store.

Since this sounds like an android software/firmware error, you may want to contact the box supplier to see if they can help you. Should still be under warranty if only 6 weeks old (Droidbox offer a 12 month warranty).

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Bad luck!
If you are looking for a replacement, look at the machines droidbox offer (on their main web page). You will get a warranty, support and help from the droidbox user community on this forum. I think they have a sale on as well at the moment.
But try the things I suggest first. You could also try a reboot of your router.

thereaper123

Feb 14, 2015
Kerry, try following this video and be sure to disconnect box from internet if with ethernet lead or switch off router first if connecting via wifi then untick automatic, select correct timezone, then retick it. Hopefully this will sort it, the trouble is because your router is seeing a device trying to connect to it with a incorrect date ie 1975 it won't let it connect and give it a valid lease time, something along those lines anyway ;) give it a try :)

Reactions: thegazsheard