Andy J

Aug 6, 2016
Hi

Sorry not sure if this the correct forum, but it's the closest I could find to the model I have, I'm completely new to this.

I've just purchased a Justop T9 (says t95 on startup?). My question is can i play the sound through my home surround sound system? It's a Sony system that only has 1 hdmi and an optical port.

Much appreciated
A

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Try using the optical port on your Sony surround system and HDMI to your TV.
You will need to change settings on your box to output thought this. Also set it to passthrough, then go into kodi and then system click here and system again and then audio output and set channels to 2.0 and scroll down and highlight the Dolby transcoding and passthrough here. If your sound system can do Dolby digital highlight this to. Now give this ago and good luck.
One last thing you must set channels to 2.0 even if your sound system does 5.1. It's because it lets your amp do the decoding.

Reactions: fiveznuff

Andy J

Aug 6, 2016
Try using the optical port on your Sony surround system and HDMI to your TV.
You will need to change settings on your box to output thought this. Also set it to passthrough, then go into kodi and then system click here and system again and then audio output and set channels to 2.0 and scroll down and highlight the Dolby transcoding and passthrough here. If your sound system can do Dolby digital highlight this to. Now give this ago and good luck.
One last thing you must set channels to 2.0 even if your sound system does 5.1. It's because it lets your amp do the decoding.

Hi

Thanks for reply, the problem is there is no optical port on the t9. Is this what you mean?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Sorry for that the T9 does have a optical, but the T95 doesn't...all you can do is try putting the HDMI cable in your surround system and set it up as above but instead of optical put HDMI. You can only do this if your sound system has a output to your TV. Is it a sound bar or a all in one.
Maybe it's a home cinema amp...

Good luck.

Andy J

Aug 6, 2016
Ahh sorry, that would be confusing. It's a home cinema system.

On a side note is it ok that my box says quadology (something similar, not got the box with me at moment!) on top not droibox does this make a difference?

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
I would say HDMI is the best way to connect and it's the easiest way to.
It's worth a try, I use HDMI TO connect my set up.
As for your box, as you can see this forum is for droidBOX users mainly.
So any problems with firmware and updates you need to get in touch with the seller of your box. Apart from that people on here are aways willing to help.

Good luck and give it a try.