spellman1989

Dec 17, 2016
If this is in the wrong section please move it for me. I bought a HM8 box with the S905X. It has android 6.0 installed on it. Kodi works fine but after every episode kodi crashes and says "Unfortunately, Kodi has stopped"
Does anyone have a clue how to fix this? It's no huge deal but it would be nice to be able to start another episode of a series without having to restart kodi each time. Thank you in advance.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
That is unusual behaviour. As it does not appear to be a Droidbox supplied machine it may be difficult to diagnose. For example, did the machine come "preloaded" with Kodi and Addons? (Usually a recipe for disaster).
My inclination would be to reinstall Kodi and put your Addons on again from scratch and see how it performs (btw on reflection you might want to try that on your other box you have posted about - although spmc would also work effectively as a fresh install).

spellman1989

Dec 17, 2016
That is unusual behaviour. As it does not appear to be a Droidbox supplied machine it may be difficult to diagnose. For example, did the machine come "preloaded" with Kodi and Addons? (Usually a recipe for disaster).
My inclination would be to reinstall Kodi and put your Addons on again from scratch and see how it performs (btw on reflection you might want to try that on your other box you have posted about - although spmc would also work effectively as a fresh install).

I am sorry I didn't realize Droidbox sold their own equipment. Now I know where to buy from now though. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling kodi on both boxes though on the Hm8 as it autoupdated kodi to kodi 17 once when I logged into my play store account to update play store services so I could get WatchESPN to work. After that I went back to kodi 16 and it still did the same thing.