patrickyoung

Jan 4, 2017
When I switch my DroidBOX on there's a section that says DroidBOX media center. When I click on it it runs Kodi Jarvis. My OpenELEC is also running Kodi 16. Does anyone know how I can update these two versions to Kodi 17?

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Depending on which version of android you are running, assume android 5 if you have the t8s plus 1, you can get kodi 17 from google play store.

The t8s plus v1 moved from openelec to libreelec at least a year ago via a firmware update. That was still using kodi jarvis.
A beta (test) version of krypton on libreelec was announced in nov 2017. See this thread for details. I am not aware of the current test status. If you go ahead with this, note any warnings on backing things up in case you brick the machine
https://droidboxforums.com/threads/...elec-8-2-0-kodi-17-5-test-t8-s-plus-v1.11293/

Regarding dbmc, the latest version of kodi is 16.7 based on spmc. It will need an spmc update to get on to krypton. However dbmc 16.7 should still be good to go for most things, even on jarvis e.g. it has the https fix.

Reactions: 8bitDev

patrickyoung

Jan 4, 2017
Thanks Nigelar. I'm not that keen on risking bricking my box but I have tried downloading and installing Kodi 17 (using my web browser rather than the play store). That installs Kodi 17 with all my other downloaded apps. But the media centre Kodi is still Jarvis. Any idea how I update that Kodi? I think it'd help if I know where its located in my box.

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
I should have been clearer Patrick.
DBMC is based on a Kodi fork called SPMC. SPMC still remains on Jarvis, so until they release a krypton version of that, dbmc will not be updated either.
You can find dbmc via the apps or my apps button depending on your home screen launcher.

Reactions: ChrisM

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If you click the Media Centre/DBMC link, DBMC will always load. If you want to use a Krypton version, do not click DBMC/Media Centre.

To load Kodi (as you've installed the Krypton version of this now), click the Kodi icon found via the apps icon (normally a circle with six dots), or you can create a shortcut for Kodi on the homescreen by click the +/- icon on the right, if you're using the normal DroidBOX launcher.