Darrin

Sep 1, 2015
...if your wizard (Wookie) becomes corrupted?

I was happily watching content for over an hour and the box hung completely without warning. I have a HDD installed (not that it should make any difference but thought I'd mention it.

The wizard now fails in every respect. Scripts failing all over the place (checkupdates etc.), cannot change skin. Basically cannot do anything before it hangs again.

How do I get back into Android to wipe OpenElec and refresh it start again as I'm stuck in a loop and can only boot into OpenElec with a screwed wizard.

I got to admit, this is one flaky piece of kit. The box just constantly hangs.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
...if your wizard (Wookie) becomes corrupted?

I was happily watching content for over an hour and the box hung completely without warning. I have a HDD installed (not that it should make any difference but thought I'd mention it.

The wizard now fails in every respect. Scripts failing all over the place (checkupdates etc.), cannot change skin. Basically cannot do anything before it hangs again.

How do I get back into Android to wipe OpenElec and refresh it start again as I'm stuck in a loop and can only boot into OpenElec with a screwed wizard.

I got to admit, this is one flaky piece of kit. The box just constantly hangs.

Hi

What you can do is reset openELEC by going into system>settings>system>scroll down and click on reset.

Countdown will be shown and after that box will reboot with original openELEC setup.

Also you can change skin by going into system>settings>skin>confluence and that will bring switch to android feature,

You can switch back to Android by clicking on shut down icon next to star on bottom left corner of Kodi(XBMC) homescreen and clicking onto switch back to Android

Darrin

Sep 1, 2015
Hi 8bitDev,

Thanks for the reply.

Inbetween all this I've managed to switch skin to Confluence after several reboots and got back into Android but how do I now go about refresh of OpenELEC?
In Android its straight forward by using More Settings/Apps and clearing cache etc for Kodi.
I've gone back into OpenELEC and found something called "Fresh Start". Can I use this?

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Hi 8bitDev,

Thanks for the reply.

Inbetween all this I've managed to switch skin to Confluence after several reboots and got back into Android but how do I now go about refresh of OpenELEC?
In Android its straight forward by using More Settings/Apps and clearing cache etc for Kodi.
I've gone back into OpenELEC and found something called "Fresh Start". Can I use this?
Hi

Please take a look at the video

Darrin

Sep 1, 2015
Still doesn't answer why the box keeps freezing after an hours use. But I'll give it yet another go...

wmanzione

Oct 14, 2015
Just found out yesterday, with the i8 keyboard, that if you press R it prompts for rebooting to android.

Reactions: Darrin

Spender

Sep 18, 2015
I am using Beast and have the same problem. No way to clearly get back to the system menu/android etc.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Tahir

Jul 29, 2015
Has anyone else now got the reboot to android option under the openelec settings? Mine seems to have appeared after the last update, I know for sure it wasn't there before.

Geemeister

Sep 30, 2015
Wirral
Hi Tahir, did you just press the R key or a combination? I Just tried it with my T8-S and i8+ pressing R while playing a music track and it appears to quickly reverse.

Tahir

Jul 29, 2015
Geemeister, the option is now in the openelec settings menu, just after the format hard drive option, same place you go to set up your wifi connection etc.

wmanzione

Oct 14, 2015
Sorry, my bad, it was the button "S" that prompt for "Switching to Android" and i double checked and it does it only with confluence skin :(