marcstck

May 8, 2017
Wondering how often my Mini should be switched off? I've used a Roku box and an Amazon Fire Stick in the past, and neither had an on/off switch. So they were always on, although they did "go to sleep" after being idle for a bit.

Does the Mini need to be switched off? I notice from the various reviews that most of the other android boxes don't have power switches…

SmokingElectronics

Jan 13, 2017
Hilbilly heaven
willitblend.com
there's no real need to turn them off, most addons have cache clear etc power off just dumps physical ram and the board static.

you might want to once a week or so or just when you notice problems otherwise a good surge suppression plug etc your good

Bollocks77

Aug 24, 2016
I have had my T8 Mini for the last approximately 6 months. Ive never used the on/off button on the box only the button on the remote - works perfect.
As for your question - I have mine off all the time other than when I use it - then after I use it and am finished I turn it off.
I never have mine on if not needed. Ive never had any problems and it clears Ram and static like stated.
Just what I do but it works for me.
Dave

Reactions: sean99

lordtoran

Aug 26, 2016
Bochum, NRW, Germany
I also have the box switched off when not needed to save a few watts of power. It would of course be another story if I had some form of server running on it (e.g. to share the harddisk plugged into the USB).

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Wondering how often my Mini should be switched off? I've used a Roku box and an Amazon Fire Stick in the past, and neither had an on/off switch. So they were always on, although they did "go to sleep" after being idle for a bit.

Does the Mini need to be switched off? I notice from the various reviews that most of the other android boxes don't have power switches…
Hi

If box is powered ON all the time please pay attention on the cords,wall outlet and surge protector use can be advise as an additional precaution for electrical malfunction/sudden changes.

In terms of processes on the box you can use android assistant to clear cashe and close unused apps .

Also do pay attention to the heating if CPU usage is high and box is not set in the cool position(or sudden heat change-environment has been set).

Regards

marcstck

May 8, 2017
Hi

If box is powered ON all the time please pay attention on the cords,wall outlet and surge protector use can be advise as an additional precaution for electrical malfunction/sudden changes.

In terms of processes on the box you can use android assistant to clear cashe and close unused apps .

Also do pay attention to the heating if CPU usage is high and box is not set in the cool position(or sudden heat change-environment has been set).

Regards
Thanks, very good advice. I appreciate the quick response time on this forum…