patrickyoung

Jan 4, 2017
I'm trying to change my background images using pictures stored on my Android hard drive. When I browse for the images, my SD card is visible but not my Android hard drive. Is there something I need to do in order to make the drive visible? I notice that the 'New Folder' option on the right hand side of the screen is grayed out. Is that important?

patrickyoung

Jan 4, 2017
Thanks Nigelar. My Android drive is accessible when I'm not using Kodi. Its only when I try to access it through Kodi that it's not listed. Oddly enough, my SD card comes up just fine.

thereaper123

Feb 14, 2015
This any use?

Post from a TVA thread:
"After you go to ADD VIDEOS-->go to BROWSE, go to ROOT FILESYSTEM folder then go to MNT. That is where you will find your external hard drive, the hard drive folders are always named differently especially if you have several hard drives/USB and multiple USB ports. Mine are named [sdb, sdc, sdd] but they may be completely different names for you (the ones NOT to check is: ASEC, FLASH, MEDIA_RW, SDCARD, SECURE, SHELL,TMP).

If you plug in your hard drives in into different ports next time you won't be able to use the same folder name you saved and you will have to browse for your hard drive again but this time it will rename itself by inserting a 1 after the hard drive ports codes (sdb1, sdc1, sdd1 and later in sdb2, sdc2, sdd2, etc)<---so keep that in mind next time you plug in a new USB or into a different port, the folders you save directing to your hard drive won't work so you will have to re-browse.

Hope this helps someone!"

patrickyoung

Jan 4, 2017
I'm coming to suspect that my Box is knackered. I've gone into mnt and the only other folder I have (apart from the ones you mentioned) is called obb and that's empty. Should it be this hard to find your Android hard drive through Kodi?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using DroidBOX Forums mobile app