RRaoD

Jan 3, 2017
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
I have connected two 4TB NTFS USB 3.0 drives to the T8-S v1 box through the 2 of the 3 USB ports. I have no problems in accessing my media files on the box and also taking a backup of the library data on the drives.

But I can not access the drives remotely from my Win10 Pro laptop over the WiFi network for managing the media library (rearranging, copying and deleting media files). To do this task every time, I need to remove the USB cables and connect to the laptop. After managing the media library on the HDDs with my laptop, I have to again connect back the drives to the DroidBox.

I tried the SMB client settings on DroidBox but I was not getting access to the HDDs.

Any help in this regard is appreciated.

RRaoD

Jan 3, 2017
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
I have switched over to beta version of LibreELEC 8.0.1 with Kodi 17.1 installed on my system. This has solved all my problems I was facing on Android like inconsistent drive names (Udisk 1 sometimes and Udisk 2 other times) for external HDDs every time I reboot.

Now my external HDDs and SD Card are mounting to a fixed location in LibreELEC and are available as shares in windows 10's network locations. I have mapped them to drives and am able to comfortably access these drives from windows 10 laptop. I can administer the v1 box remotely from my laptop for adding, deleting or modifying files etc... Linux OS seems to be more convenient than Android.

This has made my life easier and now I am really enjoying the box.
Thanks for releasing the LibreELEC update.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChrisM