ocalld

Dec 27, 2015
hi
I've been trying out openelec on my T8-S plus but now want to boot back into Android.

A video I found for T8-S, it advices to click exit on kodi and you will have an option to reboot to android, this isn't on my system. When I click on exit, it just reboots.

How do I boot back into Android???

Thanks

Reactions: fred parker

Eddyad

Feb 12, 2016
Bishop Auckland
Worked brilliant for me. I put wookie on kodi on the openelec partition and the box kept booting to openelec without the option to boot to android. Totally baffled until I saw this video.

Reactions: Qaisir

thereaper123

Feb 14, 2015
Openelec is more hassle than its worth imo, bricked a few cheap android mk808b's putting it on and would not use again, I saw absolutely no benefit whatsoever using it, it was not fast and was not a nice experience but that is just my honest experience ;)

Geoff Ward

Feb 29, 2016
Cheers thanks for the video. Problem sorted. As previously said not sure of the openlec advantage, a little confusing at first for a new user.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi, Openelec is just a version of kodi..
On the android side you have all the back ground apps running which can cause problems...in openelec they are all shut down and only kodi is running so you should get a fast and smoother experience.
What I've done is set one side for kids and one side for more Adult entertainment. So I don't have to worry my 11 year old is watching Mad Max fury road ..
What a film and 6 Oscars also great in 3d.

Geoff Ward

Feb 29, 2016
Hi, Openelec is just a version of kodi..
On the android side you have all the back ground apps running which can cause problems...in openelec they are all shut down and only kodi is running so you should get a fast and smoother experience.
What I've done is set one side for kids and one side for more Adult entertainment. So I don't have to worry my 11 year old is watching Mad Max fury road ..
What a film and 6 Oscars also great in 3d.

Thanks David
A lot clearer now.

Reactions: David Savage