Droidman

Aug 7, 2015
London
Hi everybody,

This is my first thread here and i have purchased my DroidBOX T8-S openelec about 2 weeks and today i added SSD drive to my box to have extra space... Now I have no clue how to run the added drive as it's not showing it on openelec nor on android i tried to locate it but failed :(

Any tips or assistance with gratitudes... Many thanks lads ;)

Last edited:

Droidman

Aug 7, 2015
London
I tried ES FILE Explorer and assume my ssd drive shows as USB2002!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-07-19-14-05-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-08-07-19-14-05-1.jpg
    523.4 KB · Views: 173

Actual

Aug 7, 2015
ES File Explorer does not allow your HDD to be formatted to EXT4. You need OpenELEC build 20728 or lower (check OpenELEC Dev Update application in Programs). Downgrade if you have a later OpenELEC build, as the Format HDD option is missing on the latest build. You can downgrade in the Dev Update Application if you have the newer version of OpenELEC. Go to SYSTEM then OpenELEC then select System, scroll to the bottom and the option Formatting HDD is there. It formats very quickly then you should be able to add /var/media/HDD as a source. You can then create directories/folders for Movies, TV Shows etc on the HDD. I am using an SSD HDD and it's super quick and best of all, very quiet indeed.

Reactions: David Savage

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Turned my box on today and openelec has gone back to the new updated version, witch has no format HDD and droidbox cloud. If I go to the openelec Updater its got no previous builds showing, so can't change it back.....Oh well :(