Status
Not open for further replies.

Petro

Oct 11, 2017
Hi. I have a T2 and sadly it stops booting up after the droidbox flash screen. Has anyone any idea how to reset this box?

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Can you look on the bottom of the case, is there a small hole there? If so, remove the power lead from the device, find a thin paper clip (if it is the one I'm thinking of, I needed to strip some plastic off the end of a twist/bag tie
Twist-ties.jpg

as my paper clips and standard poking objects were too wide.
Push it in straight, and you should feel the resistance change slightly as a hidden switch is pressed down. Keep it in that position and reattach the power lead. If the device doesn't turn on automatically, use the infrared remote control to power it up. After about 10-20 seconds, the Recovery Menu should appear, you can release the hidden switch then.
From this point, follow the steps at
to carry out a factory reset (all data will be wiped).
First boot up after that, once you see the normal homescreen, leave it alone a good 15/20 minutes please, don't power off.

https://droidbox.co.uk/how-to/what-is-the-recovery-menu/ goes into more detail about the Recovery Menu itself.

If that doesn't help, email DroidBOX with the info mentioned in my signature link.

bluebox212

Jun 22, 2017
whoshotprincipalhunt.blogspot.com
Can you look on the bottom of the case, is there a small hole there? If so, remove the power lead from the device, find a thin paper clip (if it is the one I'm thinking of, I needed to strip some plastic off the end of a twist/bag tie
Twist-ties.jpg

as my paper clips and standard poking objects were too wide.
Push it in straight, and you should feel the resistance change slightly as a hidden switch is pressed down. Keep it in that position and reattach the power lead. If the device doesn't turn on automatically, use the infrared remote control to power it up. After about 10-20 seconds, the Recovery Menu should appear, you can release the hidden switch then.
From this point, follow the steps at
to carry out a factory reset (all data will be wiped).
First boot up after that, once you see the normal homescreen, leave it alone a good 15/20 minutes please, don't power off.

https://droidbox.co.uk/how-to/what-is-the-recovery-menu/ goes into more detail about the Recovery Menu itself.

If that doesn't help, email DroidBOX with the info mentioned in my signature link.

If I go through this factory reset on my T8-S Plus will I lose all of my data such as photos, music and videos? I was suggested by DroidBOX help to go through this process in order to get the unit to NOT DISMOUNT my SSD drive, possibly. I don't want to make matters worse by doing an unnecessary factory reset. The SSD is recognized as a usb currently (see photo) but I want to set it up as an internal storage. When I format it in Android as an internal storage I get the message that the format was successful. Then the drive dismounts and I get the message that it has been disconnected and I must reconnect it.

Attachments

• 20171024_151343-1-picsay.jpg
    20171024_151343-1-picsay.jpg
    909.5 KB · Views: 309
Status
Not open for further replies.