merchy

Mar 31, 2017
i have a droidbox T8S working off android 4.4. just wondering is there an upgrade to android 5. iv noticed that KODI has started to become slow and i cant upgrade that due to it only available on android 5 or more.
is there an upgrade coming and when should it be here?

Reactions: Ian01

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
The amlogic chipset used on the original t8s (one of the s8xx series) is not capable of being successfully updated to android 5. I run an older t8 on android 4.4.2. Using dbmc 16.3. It is definitely not slow so there is some other cause affecting your machine. Updating Kodi would definitely not cure a speed problem. If you would like to elaborate on "slow" including results of speed tests, confirming whether you are using wifi or Ethernet, whether android apps like YouTube experience problems etc, there may be other solutions.

merchy

Mar 31, 2017
i am using an Ethernet connection. all other apps appear to working good. sorry when i ment slow i was meaning to say everything continues to buffer when watching on kodi. plus there is no longer a good supply of HD links, it just appears to be just 1 or 2 links now available

surya kumar

Mar 18, 2017
Is There any drastic changes?? No not much many differences between the 4.4 and 5.1 versions besides few alterations in view of menus.

But 4.4 is still very stable and works well. Is any reason for 5.1

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
Is There any drastic changes?? No not much many differences between the 4.4 and 5.1 versions besides few alterations in view of menus.

But 4.4 is still very stable and works well. Is any reason for 5.1
Hi

People mainly update for the Kodi 17 however there is no reason for such as Kodi is Libre/Open software and it is not meant to deprecate in a long time.
Now each option have its own advantages and usually older versions of Kodi would run faster.

8bitDev

Jul 2, 2015
i am using an Ethernet connection. all other apps appear to working good. sorry when i ment slow i was meaning to say everything continues to buffer when watching on kodi. plus there is no longer a good supply of HD links, it just appears to be just 1 or 2 links now available
Can you please return your Kodi back to its defailt bu clearing data or try to install another Kodi version which may have the better performance?

Clear Data On XBMC/Kodi

Here is how to:
Go into Settings>Apps>XBMC/Kodi>Clear data and then again come back in XBMC from home screen .
OR
Settings> Other>More Settings> Apps>XBMC/Kodi>Clear data and then again come back in XBMC from home screen.

Regards