Delliebeans

Jan 6, 2015
apologies for my stupidity but I have a droid box my parents bought me for my birthday last year and I'm unable to figure out how to clear the box and re install it or do I need to send it to the makers??

Reasoning for this is so many of my applications aren't working and on start up there is several warning boxes stating so and should I remove I always select no. I've never been able to watch you tube more 4 Bbc add ons. Is re installing the answer?

Many thanks Adele

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi, when you start up does your box go straight to xbmc or android home page.
If its the android, you will need to go to, settings>more settings>apps>>xbmc then clear data. Wait for it to get to zero then go back to xbmc, let it load up then go to videos and click on the wizard. For the imx6 box I would click on the 1st confluence skin and let it load. You will need your password and username for this, when it has finished click ok in the last message and unplug the power from the back. Wait a few secs and back in, let it boot up and go to xbmc and open. This time wait for around 20mins for add-ons to update.
If you have the one that boots straight xbmc then you will need a tooth pick, power off and in the AV hole there's a restore button, unplug the power and feel inside this hole at the bottom, push and hold while plugging the power back in(check out the video on this factory reset to see where the botton is, but dont do a factory reset).Hold it until the restore menu comes up, then clear data here and reboot then do the wizard as above.
If you don't have a password or username check old emails or invoices for a 6 digit ID number and follow the instructions...
https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/how-to-retrieve-your-wizard-username-and-password/
If not try emailing the office using the contact us in the blue line at the bottom of this page. Hope you under stand this and good luck.

Delliebeans

Jan 6, 2015
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Hi David

I do apologise I feel somewhat remedial regarding this whole droid box!! I used to be so savy but I'm at a blank as to your first question!

I have no idea what these screens are (it's not smacking me in the face like most things have to theses days) you asked is it droid or Xbmc start up?? Well I have posted the relevant start up screens in order they appear when I turn it on.

As for the more settings which is supposed to be situated in tools/settings I do not have this option avail so am I to assume this is an indicator as to it being Xbmc or droid?

And on top of all of this my dad purchased via Amazon and can't find the invoice for me to know what my password and wizards username is!! So I'm no further forward! I will have to go through his past purchases to find the ordinal order number I'm guessing ?

Anyway! I will be in touch soon!

Thankyou

Adele

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Hi, you have the android box, the reason I asked is this thread is in the Media Centre Edition part and that boots straight to xbmc.
So what you are looking for is in the 3rd pic and normally in setting, apps, xbmc then clear data, and follow the instructions above. I no it can be intimidating at 1st, but if you are finding it to hard to follow my instructions try the live chat( office hours only). It's on the main site, the link is on the front of this forum. Then look of the greenish box witch says message or chat in the corner. Good look and hope this helps you out.
Dave

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
As for password and username, how old is your box if its under 12 months old, it still should be on your Dads Amazon account, tell your Dad to also look to see if any emails are on the account too. If its over 12 months old you will need to get in touch and ask to purchase these details. You can use the live chat or even email at the bottom if this screen, its the "contact us" in the blue line. We are here to help if there's any problems . Hope you get sorted and SilentlyScreaming is back tomorrow and he will help out to.
Dave