jaytee

Jun 28, 2015
I'm so not good with this stuff, few things I want to know, the ticker on my box say there's a new update xbmx/spmc helix Isengard, not too sure what to do, where do I go to download the updates, I'm also reading about OTA, where do I go to see all this, then there's also the open elec, since I'm not too sure on anything, do I download anything from openelec, when my box is full how do I clear the cache, I need to be explain, like I say I really don't know about tech stuff, i'll apptreciate if I could be given step to go about things

Reactions: seashell15

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Openelec is only in the T8s, as for OTA Updater that's in Apps on the main boot up menu. Plus if you need to upgrade then go ahead, but if you don't wait as there's been a lot of problems.
Wait and see what the powers at be say.
To clear cache go...
Setting on the main boot up menu in android.
Then other, more setting and then storage. Now go to cache and clear it, this should clear it for all apps to.
Last thing this depends on what box you have, but if you press menu and hold it you should get a rocket shooting up freeing some memory too.

Good luck

Reactions: jaytee and Sal

jaytee

Jun 28, 2015
Thanks, I've got the T8s, I've done the update and I can't see anything different from what I've got before, if I may ask what is openelec for, what do I need to use it for

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Openelec is a sepperate operating system to android and it shuts down all android so only Kodi runs and no back ground apps to effect it. Also suited to use a Hard drive too....if you want to you could set up one for kids (if you have any) and the other for more adult content.

jaytee

Jun 28, 2015
The only thing I actually use on the box is xbmc, so you advise to download openelec?, also can you, help me through how I could go through the process without any problems, yea, I do have kids

jaytee

Jun 28, 2015
Thanks, do I need to delete what's been install already or just instal the openelec and everything will be in place by its self

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
If you boot your box up, at the menu that comes up go to the 6 dots. This is where all your apps are, and move down to openelec and click on it. It should start up, it will reboot your box and then openelec will start. You will need your password and user for the wizard, and follow the on screen instructions.
If you need more help click on this link.
https://droidbox.co.uk/blog/faq-2/droidbox-t8-s-how-to-guide/
Good luck

jaytee

Jun 28, 2015
Good morning,
I did download the openelec, but don't know if I've done something wrong, it came up
PICTURE- VIDOE- MUSIC- PROGRAMS -SYSTEM
problem is I can't find most add on like live TV
Under picture it's nothing, under videos I've got cartoon HD Extra, movie Rx+, sport donkey and the mutts nuts
Under music of got Wookie, Bin@ural, house mixes, MP3 stream and rave player
Under program I've got Wookie, Addon installer and Xunity maintenance them System is just the normal setting openelec file manager profile and system info
Just wandering if I'm at the right place and what else can I do to get the other add on
Thanks for all your help

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
If you click on Video it self it should bring up all add-ons.
Also go to system and Appearence, then on your right under skins click on setting and scroll down to short cuts. Here you can change the icon on the start up page. Hope this helps..

Dave

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
openELEC is a different operating system to Android. If you're using Kodi under openELEC, you'll need to run the Wookie Wizard or individual add-ons. Once Wookie has been run, the same add-ons as in Android will be available.

jaytee

Jun 28, 2015
I'm having another problem, I went help fix my mates box yesterday and notice some channels are blanks but the audio is on, you can hear the audio but not pics, the when you exit , it takes you to the home page, I've notice that with my box today, doing the exact same thing, is there anything I need to do to stop that, is there anyone else expericimg this same thing.

jaytee

Jun 28, 2015
Thanks for your help David, where do I go on system, on the home page or on wookie?, I'm on wookie system, all I could see is GPU: Mali -450 mp, screen resolution 1920, OpenGL vendor: ARM, OpenGL Version:OpenGL ES 2.0, nothing else is coming up to turn on

angela

Mar 3, 2015
Go to settings in wookie, then video,click on that, then acceleration, follow Dave"s advice.

Reactions: jaytee