chuckens

Oct 28, 2014
Hi.

Just wanting to know if i bring my T8 to friends house, will it work with different external IP address.

We are in same IP range because we are on the same ISP but would just like to know!

There is something we need to watch on May 2nd (you might have heard of the event!!!)

Thanks

Reactions: Noelrod1205

chuckens

Oct 28, 2014
Cool i just thought becuase of the new wizard it maybe it would be blocked due to people ripping off the wizard

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Read on our site, under "Blogs & How to"
Be careful as the wizard is fix to IP address and you might get blocked out. To make sure have a read or even email are tec guys to be safe, as I would not like this to happen. Use the contact us at the bottom of this page.
Dave

Reactions: chuckens

chuckens

Oct 28, 2014
Cool Dave. I was thinking that! I don't have static IP and have to reboot router often so get a new one. It's always in the same range tho

Reactions: David Savage

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Don't think there would be issues if just watching...as you no these boxes can go wrong, and if you needed to run the wizard or anything like that it might come into effect then. That's why I said check.
Thanks Dave

Reactions: chuckens

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Just a quick update on this... if you have one device only, you're fine taking it anywhere. Your DroidBOX can only be connected to one internet connection at a time, so security won't block you on the Wizard. If you had purchased four different devices and all were in different houses at the same time, then we'd need to modify a few settings on your account, but with your situation, there'll be no problem.