triumph5ta

Aug 17, 2014
How do I access the add ons on my iMX6 box. I can see them if I go to SYSTEM ADD ON BROWSER ENABLED ADD ONS VIDEO ADD ONS but I can't open them from there.
Thanks

triumph5ta

Aug 17, 2014
I can see the background as in the link you supplied above. I have run DroidBOX Wizard again and turned the unit off after completion. I suspect everything is in place but I cannot find where I open the add ons I want such as 'Motorsport Replays'. Think its more a fault with me rather than the box! Any guidance would be much appreciated.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
If you want to view the list of ALL video add-ons, you can either go to Media Portal and click on the main menu link, or under the System menu, click on Video Add-ons.
If you want to modify which add-ons have shortcuts on the XBMC homescreen, or are which of them are included in specific lists, read through this thread - How To Add Homescreen Shortcuts For Add-Ons In XBMC. Once you get to Skin>Settings, have a look through the three or four sub-menus there, and you'll see everything can be customized.

triumph5ta

Aug 17, 2014
I have tried clicking on Video Add-ons in the System menu and the next screen is empty with 0 items in the bottom left corner. Do I need to do something to populate it?

Paul B

Jul 15, 2014
Sounds like a similar issue that a couple of us were having here
http://droidboxforums.com/threads/droidbox-wizard-issues.350/
When I first updated I wasn't getting any response when I clicked on Media Portal or any of the other headers. I could access the addons shown below the headers though (but with no control panel).
Clearing xbmc's data sorted it but left video playback with no control panel as described in the link. Changing the skin to Confluence sorted this and it's running fine now (still on Frodo).

triumph5ta

Aug 17, 2014
Can't see an option in Media Portal to see the Add Ons. Under the central banner there are 'Community Playlists' 'Mashup Playlists' and several others but no Add Ons button.

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
Thanks for taking the time to reply and let us know. Obviously if problems remain, we normally see a reply, but sometimes if a problem has been resolved, we don't get to hear about it. It always helps to brighten our day a little when we find out that things are better now.