gerryx

Feb 19, 2015
New out of the box iMX6 (MXQ) on the box. No Ethernet connection, can connect wirelessly, No lights showing when Ethernet cable inserted. I have other very similar boxes, they connect using same cable. I have as in the manual states to do A full reset. still not connecting via Ethernet.

What are you suggestions as what to do, I am computer literate, have set up various Android TV boxes, I believe the issue is with the connection port on the iMX6.

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Somewhere over the rainbow
Hi don't no if this helps but when 1st set the box up you choose wifi or wire and it then tells you if you what to change this you go to program's and then go to am Configuration to change it again hope this helps. I find wire to work best as it more stable..

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Also if this is android you might have to change setting on the main menu to wired not wifi. I have the Media Centre Edition and it boots straight to xbmc. Hope I could help, if not someone will soon.

gerryx

Feb 19, 2015
Thanks for the replies guys, firstly, I have been asked to set this iMX6 for a friend who purchased it, so he has details etc, (He phoned Droidbox yesterday, regarding this issue)

I did the full reset via Settings - Other - More settings - Backup and reset.

I tried to connect to Ethernet via Settings - Network Wi-Fi works fine, Ethernet just keeps saying connecting, then eventually Ethernet disconnected.

I have also gone into Settings - Other - More settings - Ethernet - Configuration, and in the top right of the screen it say "ON"

Am I correct in assuming that like other MX boxes, when Ethernet cable is plugged into the iMX6 it should show 2 lights Transmit and Packet Detect, niether of these light up, thats why I assume it is a connector fault on the iMX6.

Again thanks for the replies.

gerryx

Feb 19, 2015
Thanks for the reply, But if you read the messages, "Network Wi-Fi works fine, Ethernet just keeps saying connecting, then eventually Ethernet disconnected."

Regards

Gerryx

David Savage

Aug 3, 2014
Have you tried another cable to rule out a faulty cable. Also can you turn wifi off. On my box you can choose wired or wifi connection, is this an old box or new and does it work with wifi..good luck

gerryx

Feb 19, 2015
After doing the factory reset via the recovery switch, Same as before, Wi-Fi works fine, Ethernet just keeps saying connecting, then eventually Ethernet disconnected.

gerryx

Feb 19, 2015
Have you tried another cable to rule out a faulty cable. Also can you turn wifi off. On my box you can choose wired or wifi connection, is this an old box or new and does it work with wifi..good luck

Thanks for the reply, First thing I did was connect using Ethernet that is working on my Android TV Box, to rule out the cable. This is a new Box I am having issues with, as mentioned before wi-fi works ok, but My friend would much prefer wired connection. Wi-Fi is turned off when trying Ethernet.

I have set up various forms of Android, Raspberry, and PC versions of KODI (XBMC).

Thanks again for your input, Much appreciated.

gerryx

Feb 19, 2015
Cheers, For the suggestions, David. As you know sometimes peeps get all technical when trying to sort out a problem, and a kind soul points out something that you simply overlook. :) Thats why I like forums such as this.