Kevinskiii_

Sep 23, 2014
Hello,

I have found a firmware here on the forum but I searching a version without pre installed the 3D launcher and all the apps, is there annyway a standard firmware with the minumum preinstalled

Thanks

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Any firmware you find here will be made with droidboxes in mind. So if you find a firmware elsewhere there is no guarantee it will work on your particular machine. So I would play safe. If you don't like the 3d launcher you can download other launchers (e.g. Nova) from Google Play.

Kevinskiii_

Sep 23, 2014
thanks replying, in the video howto install the forum let see to choose normal laucher of android and 3D why show this in the video while it is not possible.
I like the laucnher and I want to use this one, is there a setting that can be changed so I can choose the standard launcher.

The apps I can delete, thats not the problem, because XBMC installes?? Its now Kodi so when u update the firmwares with the last versions??
Is there here anny ROM I can download with newer apps etc??

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
The most recent firmware for a Droidbox imx6 is here:

https://droidboxforums.com/threads/firmware-links-for-imx6-devices.4874/

Since most apps are in the google play store, setting up a google account and logging in to the store will allow the installed apps to update to latest versions.

The latest firmware will have the version of kodi current at the time the firmware was created. You can get the latest version from google play or droidbox (see droidbox how to page).

You can switch launchers or download a new one from google play. See here

https://theunlockr.com/2014/08/24/how-to-change-the-home-screen-launcher-on-an-android-device-video/

Kevinskiii_

Sep 23, 2014
Sorry, but u say other firmware can no guarantee to work on other sites... But this firmware here is not working at all. My hole device is not working annymore thanks allot for this crep firmware. No root at all like u promiss and If I run the update again to reinstall the firmware nothing happend and it says on recovery "no contract"
If I tryed to installed on recovery mode there is no file found and i'm sure that the update file is on de SDcard...

So nothing works with this firmware, no root no reinstall thanks allot people

Nigelar

Feb 26, 2015
Do you actually have a box supplied by Droidbox?

I have advised you that Droidboxes firmware is made for Droidbox.

To quote:

"Any firmware you find here will be made with droidboxes in mind"

"The most recent firmware for a Droidbox imx6 is here:"

I also noticed that you asked similar questions on the forum a year or so ago and were told exactly the same thing.

If you have tried putting droidbox firmware on a box not supplied by droidbox then there is clearly a risk.

As users of droidboxes we try to help the best we can and provide support. If that is not good enough maybe the supplier of your box can help.

Reactions: angela

Kevinskiii_

Sep 23, 2014
Realy ??? do your homework man dis is a diffrent question. And yes this is a droidbox and the box that can use the firmware so don't try to shut me down if u don't know how to fix this now..

But for others, I have now running the firmware (had to need to do lot of thinks to get work this firmware of here so BE WEAR OF THIS ROM BEFOR INSTALL!!!)
Now I have the problem, if the box is shutdown all settings in Kodi are gone... Can annyone help me to fix that the setting saved on the box so all is fine when I restart kodi again???

Thanks

ChrisM

Staff member
Jul 15, 2014
Cardiff, UK
ChrisMerriman.com
@Kevinskiii_ No need to insult other members here. Your style of writing and selection of words comes off as quite confrontational. Staff sadly expect a certain amount of that sometimes, but other members of the community don't need that.

Anyway, moving on: regarding Kodi losing it's settings when you turn off, let's check the basics first please:

1) Does this only occur if you turn off whilst Kodi is in the background/foreground (so it hasn't been closed down first)?
2) How much storage space is reported as available when you head to Settings>Storage?
3) Which version of Kodi is installed, and if you used a Wizard/Build, please let us know the name and version installed